BW Night Shots

thebigbillybob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
okay i know i know 3 posts in such a lil time... well okay these are from an night shot shoot i went on about the end of mayish... they are some buildings in irvine ca im a lil pissed because i have another like 2 or 3 rolls of these i havent processed due to the lack of the chemicals to do so i am very much soooo looking forward to next semester for acess to a dark room once again!!!!
these were scanned w/a digital neg scanner

road.jpg

least fav of the three but the best of this subject matter i had... i think the lighting is pretty decent what u think? (adjusted the lighting and contrast a bit)

buildingNS.jpg

my fav of this roll i like how i centered it and the lighting and all that good stuff (NO POST PROCESSING)

reflection.jpg

close second fav marked off bcuz the motion in the leaves (there was a breeze that night DAMN) i think the reflection came out good oh and those black lines in the middle of the water there the foutain things trhat are shut off cuz its night... (cropped down bcuz i aint got a zoom lens know? and i think a lil tweaking on the lighting and contrast)

ENJOY AND THANKS

Okay all of these rock the cashbar. Number one is my personal favorite. Number 2 is alright, but I like the full detail of what the wider angle offers in number 1.

Is it just me or is the horizon just a smidgen off? An extremely minute rotate would make it gorgeous me thinks. (That's one thing I've been noticing, making sure horizon lines etc are perfectly straight [when you want them to be of course] really adds to an image, not straight distracts me.

Number 3 is also pretty cool. No critques for it :)

i dunnno i still like 2 the best to me it has more to draw my eyes too number one is just a simple road with nothing there but a light....

ooops i moved them on photobucket and forgot they were linked here so i moved em back to fiz them X's

quite honestly the compositions are realitively good. Everything is relatively centered which takes some of the interest out of the picture. In my opinion color would have been better, there is do emotion or drama for the B&W to really thrive on.

yea well this was for a BW photo class project... i agree these would have benefitted from color however i didnt havre any color film left so i couldnt even shoot a roll then but i dont have a choice anymore now do i? and besides most the stuff i shoot is BW

Soulreaver said:
I like #2 as well.The third one is also good.
Why is the gutter lit like that?

gutter? u mean in number 2 and one? if thats what ur talkin bout its not the gutter its just a brick wall with an overhang and light shining donw below the over hang if that makes since... lemme know

Most reactions

New Topics

Back