By Popular Demand, Something Uplifting

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$Ln_Tab_w.jpg

ugh. look at that fat cat complaining about paying $6 for fish and chips while the humble blue collar works his ass off to humbly eat it. :p

:D Any other versions of the scene?

I see the man in the jacket as more the owner of the establishment checking on the satisfaction of the customer. The server is trying to not be in the picture. The man eating is simply trying to eat.

He looks like the guy in the foreground is putting on a dance and he's getting agitated that the guy sitting won't watch him. Haha

:D Any other versions of the scene?

I see the man in the jacket as more the owner of the establishment checking on the satisfaction of the customer. The server is trying to not be in the picture. The man eating is simply trying to eat.

Yes, that is how it looks apparently. In reality the man in the jacket is just passing by, talking to his friend who is behind him and not seen in the picture. The waiter is just enjoying the sun. And the man eating is simply trying to eat, despite the moron who is photographing him :D

The sign on the lantern says "sushi", the table cover says "London", the meal looks like deep fried fish and chips, the pop and condiments look mostly American. DOF is cell phone deep. What is the subject? Which minute part of reality were you interested in? I think the server looks like the star.

The sign on the lantern says "sushi", the table cover says "London", the meal looks like deep fried fish and chips, the pop and condiments look mostly American. DOF is cell phone deep. What is the subject? Which minute part of reality were you interested in? I think the server looks like the star.

Thanks for your interest. The server is indeed the focal point here, hence his placement in the frame. As for the subject, it is a story telling composition, do not think in terms of subjects here, think about the interplay and lines of vision if you want to analyse this image. There are proper front-, middle- and background, supported by the nice triangle of characters and the whole composition is pretty well enhanced by the lighting and good colour scheme. But most of all this is about a funny situation which in reality is nothing what it looks like. The DoF is exactly what I want for this image.

Great shot. It has style and a story.

Most reactions

Back