Bye, Bye Chrome

Google search, Google maps, Google play, Google store,Google music, You Tube owned by Google, what else???

It is hard to avoid google. Even if you are not using google products directly, but somehow, you maybe using it service indirectly via other apps, services or ads. When you visit a site and you need to click the box to tell the site you are not a Robot. That is reCAPTCHA v2 by Google. And the v3 will not even need web user to click anything. Some apps may use Google backend services as well. If you use a App that require location, it is possible that is using the Google Map service. Also, by visiting thephotoforum.com, you need to load the jquery js file from google. So google knows your IP when visiting this site. On top of that, some of the webfonts used in this site are also from Google. Of course, Google Ads service is available everywhere including this site.

So for me, I am not too worry about it. :) Of course, it does not mean it is right. But ... you know.

Last edited:
From 2011 until 2019, are used Safari as my web browser, but last year I bought YouTube TV, which google does not permit to run on safari, but which instead Google requires me to use chrome. Chrome has proven itself to be Little more than an average web browser.

Chrome has proven itself to be pathetically slow when saving web pages, often taking two or three minutes to save even very small short webpages. I never had this problem before with Safari. On large webpages which have lots of text, I have found the chrome takes up to 10 minutes to download the content in the background.

I use Chrome and Google maps to create multi stop (up to ten stops) trips on my desktop. I then save it as a Chrome link. The Chrome link is then available in Google Maps on my Android cell phone which I then can use in my car to navigate. I haven;t tried to see if the Google map with multi stops is available on my car's Android Auto app. Single stops work so I would assume multi stops would work too since its driven by the cellphone Google map app. But all of this adds convenience to navigating around.

@Derrel have you tried Firefox? I run YouTube, Google maps, Yahoo finance, Google calender, and others in Firefox with no issues. I'm not a fan of Chrome.

I use Firefox as my goto browser. A very few websites don't show photos with Firefox and I have to go to Edge or IE, but that's rare. (Garmin GPS unit) I frequently just snap a photo of the GPS screen to identify a set of real estate or location photos.

Yes, I have tried Firefox once or twice before. Maybe it is time to revisit it.
Yes, give it a try. Firefox is my main browser especially I also have Linux desktop. I said main browser instead of only browser simply because sometimes I came across some sites that did not work well with firefox. To be honest, nothing is perfect. The best browser is the one you like to use to most and that maybe different from others.

@Dao I have both Edge and Chrome still loaded because I too have come across a few sites that would just not work with Firefox.

I've been using the Opera browser on my desktop for a couple of years, and have been pretty happy with it.

I try to avoid Google in any way shape of form, except where absolutely necessary. My Browser - Safari (Sometimes Opera or Fire Fox)

Most reactions

Back