C&C a potential gift

angelinabee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My mother has a birthday coming up, and she loves this old building.

I decided to shoot it and make a nice, moody photo that will look nice in a black frame and white matte, and I'm thinking this may be it?

What do you think?

64357_714677483681_25016158_39475022_5701561_n.jpg

Not really feeling it. I mean if there is some sort of emotional connection that she has with this building, then nothing in terms of photography matters at that point. With that said, I don't like the intrusion of the branches, I think it breaks up the lines and adds clutter to the shot. I also dislike the cables on the lower left going behind the shutter, but thats not too big a deal. Maybe try a different perspective than she would be used to seeing?

Those are old branches on the lower left.

Yeah, it's REALLY old and overgrown and I can't really get an angle that looks clean and more interesting.

I showed her one of the first pictures I ever took (aka it was overexposed and really dreadful) that was of this place, and she liked it so maybe she sees something in it we don't. I'll probably go back and try to do something different, though.

I showed her one of the first pictures I ever took (aka it was overexposed and really dreadful) that was of this place, and she liked it so maybe she sees something in it we don't. I'll probably go back and try to do something different, though.

Exactly. If she likes that building for some reason, it doesn't matter if all the technical stuff is correct or whatever. Just give her the pic she likes. My perspective was more of whether I personally would deem it worthy of display, which is why I listed my problems with it. Its kinda like pics of your kids. Its pics of your kids, who cares if the lighting is perfect or you composed the shot or it is tack sharp. People can critique it all day long but at the end of the day you will still love the pic.

Most reactions

Back