AnataB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dear friends :)

I'm new here, and I'm beginner in the photography. Generally I'm theater director, so after one scandal with one "photographer", I decide to bought my own camera and to shoot my own performances :))
I have no claim to be a PRO photographer (but maybe one day, who knows?:)) so feel free to tell me everything that you think about this photo, which I shoot yesterday on our 30th show :))
Every comment or advice about some errors or something means a lot of me, so... let's go :))

p.s. Sorry if this post is not for here!

Cheers and thank you!

Attachments

• DSC03361 (3).JPG
    DSC03361 (3).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 231
I'm looking at it on my phone and it looks generally OK good expression, good lighting, but I think it might have been better if it would have been framed as a tall photo.his means of support is not actually shown in the photo.

Exposure is good. Focus not bad.
The composition lacks something ... I keep wondering why this person is being so expressive ... is there more in the scene I should be seeing ?

Exposure is good and like the balance in colour.

Composition could be slightly better. Either tighter for just the expression or wider to tell the story and explain the reaction. Either forcing the viewer to ask a question or tell the story.

Exposure is good. Focus not bad.
The composition lacks something ... I keep wondering why this person is being so expressive ... is there more in the scene I should be seeing ?

First of all, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
And about your question.. No, it's a mono drama/one man show.. so except funeral coffin behind him, there is nothing else. But especially for THIS scene is more important his expression which originated from the text and from the story that he told to the audience... so, I don't know.. Is it very important the reason of his expressive? In that case I don't know how I achieve that.

Composition could be slightly better. Either tighter for just the expression or wider to tell the story and explain the reaction. Either forcing the viewer to ask a question or tell the story.

Yeah, I think that I understood.. so in this case when the reason of his expression is behind text and the story (because it's a mono drama/one man show), then maybe the composition would be more tighter, right?:)))

And thank you for your attention!! It means a lot of me!

I'm looking at it on my phone and it looks generally OK good expression, good lighting, but I think it might have been better if it would have been framed as a tall photo.his means of support is not actually shown in the photo.

Thank you very much for your comment!
And is it necessary to be shown his means of support?

Yeah, I think that I understood.. so in this case when the reason of his expression is behind text and the story (because it's a mono drama/one man show), then maybe the composition would be more tighter, right?:)))

And thank you for your attention!! It means a lot of me!
Yes. In this I think case tighter would probably work better.

Thank you very much for your comment!
And is it necessary to be shown his means of support?

Yes, I think it would help tremendously, to show his seated position.

I think the image is interesting and well done, but to answer people's questions about context or the story of his expression, it might work better in a series of photos. Taken all by itself, it leaves a lot of questions. I'm not convinced that a wider or tighter crop would answer those questions. Shown in a series, however, the image would probably work as-is, without having to alter the individual image.

Live stage shooting isn't easy. Keep shooting (shoot LOTS 'cos it's digital and you CAN) and select the best. Share them here for C&C. As you learn you'll be able to take LESS shots but get MORE good ones.

For this shot you captured a great expression but need to work on the composition as others have already said. Composition etc can be learned, capturing (and recognising) a great shot takes something extra that the average person doesn't get. Good start, I look forward to seeing more of your work. :)

P.S. Do you use Adobe Lightroom? When working with stage lighting and large numbers of shots Lightroom can be a good friend in an otherwise hostile environment.

I think the image is interesting and well done, but to answer people's questions about context or the story of his expression, it might work better in a series of photos. Taken all by itself, it leaves a lot of questions. I'm not convinced that a wider or tighter crop would answer those questions. Shown in a series, however, the image would probably work as-is, without having to alter the individual image.

Thank you very much!! I'm thinking about it... maybe I'll try on the next show!

Live stage shooting isn't easy. Keep shooting (shoot LOTS 'cos it's digital and you CAN) and select the best. Share them here for C&C. As you learn you'll be able to take LESS shots but get MORE good ones.

For this shot you captured a great expression but need to work on the composition as others have already said. Composition etc can be learned, capturing (and recognising) a great shot takes something extra that the average person doesn't get. Good start, I look forward to seeing more of your work. :)

P.S. Do you use Adobe Lightroom? When working with stage lighting and large numbers of shots Lightroom can be a good friend in an otherwise hostile environment.

Ooo, of course that I will post here new photos for C&C :))) Anyway thank you for your words, it means a lot of me... The truth is that I shot on every show of mine, because no one can told me anything (it's mine performance so...;)), so I think that it's a good exercise for me.. Ahout the composition I read/watch a lot of about it so I hope so that someday I will be better in it :)) But yeah.. i understand what you tell to me..

p.s. I don't use Adobe Lightroom.. I don't use anything.. But I will check it, of course, now, at this moment :))

Most reactions

Back