C&C Beauty products

LiveinColor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some of my first attempts at product photography. What do you guys think? I'd love some feedback.

IMG_6438-Edit.jpg
IMG_6664-Edit.jpg

had not even thought about this category but these photos look great, perhaps a tighter crop on both and maybe matching black (effectively invisible) under the bottles to match the black background

These are really nice! I agree with the guy above that the crops could be a little tighter.

I also think you were a little bit low on the shot with the two bottles. That would have worked much better with a wider lens so you had a bit of lens distortion and the bottles tapered upwards slightly, making the them appear bigger, taller and more superior (this could also be done in post if you don't have a wider lens) - as it is, I feel just slightly too low and it makes the viewing a little uncomfortable.

Other than that, though - they are really nicely lit and edited. This is good work :)

EDIT: Also, I just checkout your website. Really wonderful work! Your beauty shots are exquisite! :clap: I'm going to enjoy seeing more stuff from you!

These are really nice! I agree with the guy above that the crops could be a little tighter.

I also think you were a little bit low on the shot with the two bottles. That would have worked much better with a wider lens so you had a bit of lens distortion and the bottles tapered upwards slightly, making the them appear bigger, taller and more superior (this could also be done in post if you don't have a wider lens) - as it is, I feel just slightly too low and it makes the viewing a little uncomfortable.

Other than that, though - they are really nicely lit and edited. This is good work :)

EDIT: Also, I just checkout your website. Really wonderful work! Your beauty shots are exquisite! :clap: I'm going to enjoy seeing more stuff from you!

Thank you! ^_^ I was going for a hero shot on the bottles. I did try some higher angles and I didn't like them as much. But I will definitely try a wider lense for that next time. I'll play with the distorting this one.

You might want to try a curved black background, and have the product sitting on a piece of thing plexi to get some reflection, but agree, very nice shots.

Thank you! ^_^ I was going for a hero shot on the bottles. I did try some higher angles and I didn't like them as much. But I will definitely try a wider lense for that next time. I'll play with the distorting this one.
Yep, I agree with the hero shot - that's what I meant - maybe I wasn't very clear in my reply! I meant if you were a bit lower with a wider lens, the hero shot would have come off better, as it stands it looks like you are unintentionally too low ;) :)

Very well done, IMHO.

what was the lighting setup?

Very well done, IMHO.

what was the lighting setup?
For the bottles, strip box right, scrim left and behind, and I cut out some cards and placed them an inch behind each bottle to bounce some light back in them. For the lipstick strip box right , and a v flat left

I was just walking around UVU and saw your photos hanging here in the art depatment on one of theboards. I didn't know you were in the same school as me.

Attachments

• IMG_20150128_155355.jpg
    IMG_20150128_155355.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Also, having seen the other photos from your class, I feel yours are the most vibrant and eye catching.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back