sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, why not? I just joined TPF, and not completely sure I'm ready to have my photos critiqued, but you gotta start sometime, right?
I'm also new to DSLR photography. Had an inexpensive SLR back in the 70s, and a p-and-s digital for the last 10 years or so. Have loved photography since I started, about 35 years ago!! But I am just now deciding to take it more seriously.

One note: I do not have a macro lens, or a fancy zoom lens, or any other kind of lens or special equipment; not yet anyway...I am trying to decide whether to get something like a 70-200 mm zoom or a macro...and also trying to decide how I plan to pay for it. :) For now, I have a Nikon D5100, which I've had for about a month, and the kit lens, a Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18-55 mm 1:3.5-5.6G.

So, C&C away, just be gentle with your brutal honesty, if that's even possible. :sillysmi:

blueflower_0126 by sm4him, on Flickr

focal length: 55mm--shutter: 1/500 sec--f5.6--ISO 100

Thanks!
sm4him

I like it. I think it would look better with the light on the anthers and stamen more instead of just the petals. Other than that, nice shot.

I agree about the light. Also, the crop is to tight and chopping off part of the petals. Pretty flower, though!

Yep, the lighting is not good. It's ok to use the flash in the daytime. In fact it's often absolutely necessary to use flash in the daytime.

Find all the places in your camera user's manual where it covers what your flash unit can do. it is much easier to learn to use the flash in manual mode than it is to let the camea try and control it. Remember, the camera is just a stupid machine.

Take control of the light.

Being able to use the flash unit on your camera effectively is one way to make your photos stand out from the crowd.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back