c&c canon user's first field day with a nikon

vd853

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
my 40d broke over two months ago, and these are my first shots with a nikon d60, which i just borrowed from a friend. what do u guys think of a canon user first field shots with a nikon?

4691801795_0da7ca7f82_b.jpg
4691806761_2eec354d71_b.jpg
4691809643_beea0f269f_b.jpg
4692434790_8f489e21c5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Not liking the dof on any of them. They are very busy. I think fill flash on #2 would have worked better.

Very good composition but not enough light.

thanks for pointing that out. I haven't done any pp for a while, so i had my monitor on too bright. I made some brightness adj. and just re-posted.

The flower shots could use a shallower depth of field for better isolation of the flowers.

There is no difference using a Canon or Nikon or any other camera you adjust ISO aperture and shutter speed thats it

I checked the properties, they were shot with a f3.5-5.6 lens. No wonder I couldn't get good bokeh. Some were even set to f8 lol. I was carrying a f1.8 too, but got lazy changing it since it was only manual focus.

The DOF is appropriate for what you were shooting. To many go the other way and get the DOF way to shallow.

You did a good job with an unfamiliar camera, which is why I say the advice given to newbies of going to the store to choose a camera by how it feels, is bogus advice.

Did you have any problems adjusting from Canon to Nikon?

The first two lack contrast, but otherwise are very good :)

THe third one just isnt all too interesting, and the last one is good, but could use a tighter crop :)

There is no difference using a Canon or Nikon or any other camera you adjust ISO aperture and shutter speed thats it

I was just about to say...

What is the significance of pointing out that you're a canon user using a Nikon for the first time? They both work the same way. That's like me saying "Hey, I'm a Saturn owner, but I drove my husband's ford for the first time the other day... what do you think of my driving skill behind the wheel of a ford?"

I'd say until you drove a Chevy we are unable to really critique your skills. :lmao:

I'm probably the only one, but I like #3.
Great POV...

What is the significance of pointing out that you're a canon user using a Nikon for the first time? They both work the same way. That's like me saying "Hey, I'm a Saturn owner, but I drove my husband's ford for the first time the other day... what do you think of my driving skill behind the wheel of a ford?"

I'd say until you drove a Chevy we are unable to really critique your skills. :lmao:

Mostly because Chevy's are some of the worst cars in the world to drive :sexywink: usually takes a bit more skill to pilot them effectively.

That's coming from someone who currently *DOES* drive a Chevy. Was more a matter of convenience than choice at the time.

you upgraded:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back