C&C challenge.

EIngerson

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, with all the C&C drama going around, I thought I would volunteer a photo of mine to get the works. Do your worst, beginners and pros alike. You're not going to hurt my feelings and if you think you're too new to have thoughts, post them anyway because your thoughts matter too and I want to hear (read) them. Thanks for looking.

Michael1515 by Ingerson"PCD", on Flickr

BTW, if you don't post your thoughts, you ARE what everyone has been calling you.

Yup, it's like that.

I like the action, you're right on with it, exposure is good. The only element I find distracting is the building and people in the background. It however is not enough to say anything negative about the overall quailty of the image.

I agree with the above. Not that you had a lot of choice I'm sure on where you were, but I sure wish the background was just the mountains instead of the chick with the puffy blue vest.

Thank you imagemaker and Bossy.

Last edited:
EIngerson said:
Well, with all the C&C drama going around, I thought I would volunteer a photo of mine to get the works. Do your worst, beginners and pros alike. You're not going to hurt my feelings and if you think you're too new to have thoughts, post them anyway because your thoughts matter too and I want to hear (read) them. Thanks for looking.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingerson/6865862465/

I really like how you were able to capture the motion and the detail in the dirt flying behind the wheel.
I would also agree with the others with the people in the background being a little distracting but to really much you can do there. I think one way that would have been avoided is if the stands were full of people and that could have made a difference.
The last thing is that his bike is too orange like seriously it ruins the photo ;)

Nice sharp picture and good pp too :). My noob opinion ;)

Sorry about the signature, Click the post button too quick :(

EIngerson said:

I really like how you were able to capture the motion and the detail in the dirt flying behind the wheel.
I would also agree with the others with the people in the background being a little distracting but to really much you can do there. I think one way that would have been avoided is if the stands were full of people and that could have made a difference.
The last thing is that his bike is too orange like seriously it ruins the photo ;)

I'm a honda guy, so I couldn't agree more with it being too orange. :lol: Thanks for the reply.

I think it's a decent shot but there are elements in it that keep it from being better as it is.
How do you think it could be improved starting from what you have here?

Here's a quick and dirty edit to remove background distractions.

I really like the lighting and the shot itself.

Removebackground.jpg

Rotanimod said:
Here's a quick and dirty edit to remove background distractions.

I really like the lighting and the shot itself.

How did you do that so cleanly???

I think it's a decent shot but there are elements in it that keep it from being better as it is.
How do you think it could be improved starting from what you have here?

The 1st thing I wish I could improve is the time of day and type of weather we had. Scattered overcast, so I was chasing exposure all day. this one the sun popped out while I was looking through the view finder. Thats what made (his) right side blow out. I can see the background issue that's been mentioned. As a rider myself, it just says "practice day". Very seldom is a background in a motocross photo (at a public facility) going to have an empty background. It's usually full of powerlines, sheds, people, vehicles, water trucks, porta johns and as you see here, bleachers. Quite frankly, I don't have the talent to edit them out and have a believeable end product.

So, as pointed out above, to me the background is the biggest thing I would change.

Thanks for posting. Can you explain what you mean by "elements in it that keep it from being better "?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back