C&C Dandelion

Its not "bad" but I'm not seeing a story, and even while that may be perfectly ok in some cases, the centered composition doesn't do much for the photo. However, I do like how sharp the dandelion is, you did a great job of getting the details and setting it against a not-too-distracting background.

Its not "bad" but I'm not seeing a story, and even while that may be perfectly ok in some cases, the centered composition doesn't do much for the photo. However, I do like how sharp the dandelion is, you did a great job of getting the details and setting it against a not-too-distracting background.

I did some post processing to ensure I get vibrant color and sharpen it up but what would have recommended composition wise?

The dandelion is nicely sharp, but most of that sharpness gets lost in the light colored part of the background.

Has the camera been a couple of inches lower so all the background behind the flower was blurry green leaves........

The dandelion is nicely sharp, but most of that sharpness gets lost in the light colored part of the background.

Has the camera been a couple of inches lower so all the background behind the flower was blurry green leaves........

The trees are very short pine trees so had I of changed the angle it would be nothing more then bright blue sky so I feel it would be the same effect.

I did some post processing to ensure I get vibrant color and sharpen it up but what would have recommended composition wise?

I can't really give you any particular composition advice since I wasn't there and don't know exactly what you had to work with. Maybe you could have tried something from below, with the dandelion quartering away from you towards the sky? If done right, you might be able to give it a feeling of reaching up, and having that sharp focus would have really helped it stand out if the sky was the right color. Just an idea, worst case scenarios the rule of thirds is always a good place to start :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back