c&c detroit shot

Hmm, composition ... not sure if I like the combination of the GM building with the other things ... I think there are too many objects ... distractions.

I grew up there and it is not doing anything for me. Ren Cen, trees, Jefferson / Woodward, Coleman Young .....yawn.

Hmm, composition ... not sure if I like the combination of the GM building with the other things ... I think there are too many objects ... distractions.
I am planning on going back and trying to get different angle. I do agree with the distractions I feel like the little trees and the light poles are making it cluttered. Thanks!

This angle is terrible. Get a cropped image of the black building for what it's worth.

Don't vere off to far from there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ill give this shot one thumb up because it's not a bad shot, AND you were brave enough to walk around there after dark, especially toting a camera and tripod...screams "Target". Something I'd never do.
The exposure looks really good, nice choice of shutter speed and aperture to create the tail lights and stars on the street lights.

The GM building is a good looking building, in and of itself. I've stayed across the street many many times and would have loved attempting a shot at it.
The large limestone wall is really killing the shot. If you could have walked 50 paces further right, it would be a much nicer composition....possibly cropping the wall out if it can't get out of frame.

technically i think you nailed it. Problem is the composition is extremely boring.

Most reactions

Back