C&C Finch In Hand

Nolan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The birds at Hilton falls like to get friendly... very friendly. These shots were taken with my 105mm Micro Nikkor. The idea was to get some good DOF and keep the birds nice and sharp. I welcome comments or critiques. Thanks for the help.

5402851532_a7f3f26e1f_z.jpg

Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 105 mm
ISO Speed 400

5402851396_4b83f65241_z.jpg

Exposure 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 105 mm
ISO Speed 400

Very nice shots! I love the two. :D
BTW: Only after second look I realised that the bird is standing on your hand! :p :)

Didn't mama always tell you not to stay in the tub too long, your hands will get all pruney lol.

Like #2

Didn't mama always tell you not to stay in the tub too long, your hands will get all pruney lol.

Like #2

lol thank you. In my defense it was minus 20 and I was cross country skiing prior for 2 hours... just in case you were wondering ;)

Number 2 is my favorite too. If I ever make a portfolio website or blog I will have to photoshop this into a twitter logo. lolol

Definitely NOT a Finch...it's a Chickadee. They're known to be great hand-feeders.

You cropped his tail...poor guy!

Thanks for the clarification. I agree it is a shame the tail was cropped out. lol thats what you get though when your framing a shot that only exists for a few seconds with one hand.

Next time around I am just going to have someone else feed the bird. This should let me focus more on what is in/out of the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back