C&C - first shots with 35mm 1.8

lexdiamond20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, so I just got the new lens this week and have been playing with it for a few days. Just starting out with my D40 and would like to know whats wrong with the pic below. Took a bunch of gthe cat and this seems like the best so far.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47304132@N03/4374001717/
Tigger10001.jpg

Last edited:
Nice toy!

Obviously it's fun shooting at such low aperture.

You shot at f2.5 with ISO 800 and a 1/50 sec.

Try to shoot at f1.8 with a bit faster shutter speed to minimize shake.

Try to get the shot straight from the front of the cat's face so both eyes are focused.

Nice bokeh.

Nice toy!

Obviously it's fun shooting at such low aperture.

You shot at f2.5 with ISO 800 and a 1/50 sec.

Try to shoot at f1.8 with a bit faster shutter speed to minimize shake.

Try to get the shot straight from the front of the cat's face so both eyes are focused.

Nice bokeh.

Ok Im not even going to ask how you knew my camera settings. I found all the shots at 1.8 were a tad soft. Did you really notice camera shake on the pic I posted?

Ok Im not even going to ask how you knew my camera settings. I found all the shots at 1.8 were a tad soft. Did you really notice camera shake on the pic I posted?

EXIF data, plugins are available for any web browser.

Not seeing any camera shake, I would have maybe shot it at one maybe two f/stops higher to get just a bit more DOF- looks like you had ample lighting.

Love the 35mm 1.8, super nice lens.

The bokeh is nice in this shot. :thumbup:

p!nK

Just in general: If you use a tripod and a self timer or IR remote release you'll eliminate any camera shake. That way (if focused correctly) will be super sharp and that is what we all want.

It's hard if you try to do that with a kittie of course but maybe try to use a tripod and press the shutter manually.

And no, I didn't see any shake. That was just a general recommendation.

Such a sharp lens!

EXIF data, plugins are available for any web browser.

Not seeing any camera shake, I would have maybe shot it at one maybe two f/stops higher to get just a bit more DOF- looks like you had ample lighting.

Love the 35mm 1.8, super nice lens.

The bokeh is nice in this shot. :thumbup:

p!nK

If by ample you mean just enough to get the shot...yes. Had a room lamp on and didnt use flash. What difference the harsh built in flash can make is shown in this pic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back