#3 looks like a snapshot.

Those are great shots. Keep shooting :thumbup:

You forgot the 50 yo part.

:lmao:
ehh hmmmm....... that was unnecessary. :lol:
#1 The white balance is off.
#2 is boring clouds.
Negatory on WB issue with #1. Taken late September/ early October about half an hour before sunset. The colors are true to the scene.
#2 - We gotta start somewhere!
#3 - BITE ME!. Get yer ass out there on a race course for the first time and show me your worst. :D
Those are great shots. Keep shooting :thumbup:
Cheers.... I plan to.

#1 The white balance is off.
#2 is boring clouds.
Negatory on WB issue with #1. Taken late September/ early October about half an hour before sunset. The colors are true to the scene.
#2 - We gotta start somewhere!
#3 - BITE ME!. Get yer ass out there on a race course for the first time and show me your worst. :D
I know you know I was kidding in light of the shenanigans of the past hours. So I won't explain it.

I know you know I was kidding in light of the shenanigans of the past hours. So I won't explain it.

Shenanigans? Wow, you're being generous. I think I would have used the term e-insanity :lol: If it wasn't so late I would start another batch of popcorn.

Shenanigans? Wow, you're being generous. I think I would have used the term e-insanity :lol: If it wasn't so late I would start another batch of popcorn.
Lightly salted and NO butter for me. :lol:

One more thing........ never look to your left. What's there is not important.

1-The angle is very straight on and boring. The background is in very good focus,and the dark area at the right hand side draws attention away from the tractor and mower; if you have moved the camera to the left 15-20 feet, you would have eliminated the ugly clay spot in the background on the berm, and also gotten a diagonal look at the tractor; diagonals give movement and dynamism. Straight-on and rectangular compositions look static. Light looks like the golden hour.

#2. Looks over-saturated and eye-candy like. The foal length looks too wide,and the shot lacks a focal point. The wide angle lens makes the road drop off in size very dramatically, and makes everything look very small,and far away.

#3. Looks like an old film shot from your archives of a high school kid driving his dad's Porsche around the track, and spinning out of control in an oldies lap around a rural race track on the 4th of July. it looks like summer time, and like old Kodacolor negative film.

Ok here's my take old skool cat :lol:

#1 I would've added more foreground to the shot. The crop is to tight around the tractor and the background doesn't really do anything. Increasing the foreground with a wider DOF would've told a better story on the job that he was doing.

#2 I wish the whole road was included in the shot, this would've been your starting focal point that would eventually lead the viewer to the house and the rest of the picture. Right now the cut off road is distracting. If you have an uncropped copy you can probably do without the planted vegetation more then without the road.

#3 I actually like this action shot however there's too much foreground and background. Maybe a little tighter crop just around the cars. The focal point for me is that I keep staring at #35 facing the otherway...lol looks like he's about to kiss mr mustang

Sorry folks, but this thread was a bit of tounge-in-cheek response as an offshoot from another thread that did the same thing from another thread. You really don't need to follow the illogic on this. I appreciate the C&C, honestly, but I'm not in that place any longer (at least I hope not). These images were some of my first shots after getting back into photography. If any of you were to view some of my latest postings (photos, not the usual BS), then I feel, I have progressed..... somewhat. If you have a contrary opinion, I have ears.

#1 the light is really nice i think... though i think it may look a little better if you were more to the left so it showed it at more of an angle and where he's going instead of just coming straight at you...

#2 the clouds are nice... once again take all this w a grain of salt but i think if the road was more of a diagonal it would lead the eye through the photo better instead of leading me right to the top and causing me to ignore the whole right side of the frame...

#3 mebbe a little asymmetry would be cooler?... i.e. once again change of angle maybe more to the left and it shows more of the approach and less of the exit to the turn, or vice versa?... whole thing looks a little soft on focus and colors look kind of flat to me too...

what u think? am i full of it?

No worries syphlix, it's all good. Cheers for clocking in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back