c&c: How would you crop this?

Carla_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I liked this shot but I think the composition could be better with a good crop. I was trying to focus more on the water around the rule of thirds. Any advice?

Also I'd appreciate any c&c as far as exposure.
waterfall1web-1.jpg

Thanks!

Here's what I would try even though I really like the original as well. I cropped from the left so the water has room to move into the picture, to get rid of the dead plants on the stone at the bottom, and to keep the bush on the left because it brings a lot to the picture.

Also, what f/s were you using? It seems like a fifferent f stop may have made some more detail come into focus.

Other than that, again, I really like this picture.

Attachments

• $Untitled.jpg
    $Untitled.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I would crop for a vertical, but ideally re-shoot in portrait aspect to include only the water and frame it such that it's on a bit of a diagonal in the frame.

First, I would crop out the area above the top rocks. The bright background draws one away from the waterfall.

Or less crop and darken the upper area.

i did a quick crop and edit but not sure how to load as attachment, can you help?

Here's what I would try even though I really like the original as well. I cropped from the left so the water has room to move into the picture, to get rid of the dead plants on the stone at the bottom, and to keep the bush on the left because it brings a lot to the picture.

Also, what f/s were you using? It seems like a fifferent f stop may have made some more detail come into focus.

Other than that, again, I really like this picture.

I like this edit.

Most reactions

Back