Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
Oh and my color was red.

shameless self bump

Cut my life into pieces, etc.

You should have cut some more room in for the bottle, which IMO is too close to the top of the frame.

Loosing my sight, loosing my mind, etc.

Also, it's lost upon me what did you use to light the scene, it looks very unnatural. I feel like the light on the pills is too low.

Suffocation, no breathing. Don't give an f- if I cut my arms, bleeding and such.

The color dominance definitely is there, but I think if the elements had more breathing room and a slight tweak to the lighting. Maybe even at a slightly wider angle, the image would be much improved.

Last edited by a moderator:

You should have cut some more room in for the bottle, which IMO is too close to the top of the frame.

Also, it's lost upon me what did you use to light the scene, it looks very unnatural. I feel like the light on the pills is too low.

Suffocation, no breathing. Don't give an f- if I cut my arms, bleeding and such.

The color dominance definitely is there, but I think if the elements had more breathing room and a slight tweak to the lighting. Maybe even at a slightly wider angle, the image would be much improved.

This.. PRICELESS

Last edited by a moderator:
Pill bottle should have been rotated so that the unsightly adhesive from the label was not showing. Otherwise I kind of like it.

Hmm....I'm kind of undecided whether I like it or not. I think it's a good start but the photo doesn't really feel completely 'there' to me.

I'm wondering if the elements are too separated. When you're doing a portrait of people, you always want to have some overlap from person to person and I'm wondering if that would help out here too. Maybe have the liquid spilling a little more into the pills etc. You might even get some cool shapes of the pills slightly dissolving in the liquid.

It feels a little too staged...like if someone was thinking about suicide with this, there wouldn't be just a little bit of spilled liquid there...it would be splattered on there with less control and a much bigger area. And the pills wouldn't be in a nice constrained pile right there, they would be scattered throughout the frame more, again, with less control.

The lighting feels a little unnatural to me too. It looks like you were going for dramatic, but I don't think it's really working here. I'm not really sure how to tell you to light it, but maybe just play around with some other options and different placement of lights etc.

o hey tyler, nice post with the lyrics that's awesome. What's funny is that I've been singing the wrong lyrics for that song since it first came out so thanks for the correction haha. I'm so bad at that. I thought it was "Don't give a f--- if i cut my own breathing" LOL!

o hey tyler, nice post with the lyrics that's awesome. What's funny is that I've been singing the wrong lyrics for that song since it first came out so thanks for the correction haha. I'm so bad at that. I thought it was "Don't give a f--- if i cut my own breathing" LOL!

Did you listen to the edited version? So much of the lyrics are missing, it's actually quite funny!

The water bottle has an apparently wrong inclination, i feel. The lighting on the pills could have been better. I prefer a bit lower view point so that all the pills are within the frame and would prefer an arrangement where a single pill is near to the camera lens ....... What Amocholes said about the label is very important

Regards :D

PS: bump with confidence ;)

Hmm....I'm kind of undecided whether I like it or not. I think it's a good start but the photo doesn't really feel completely 'there' to me.

I'm wondering if the elements are too separated. When you're doing a portrait of people, you always want to have some overlap from person to person and I'm wondering if that would help out here too. Maybe have the liquid spilling a little more into the pills etc. You might even get some cool shapes of the pills slightly dissolving in the liquid.

It feels a little too staged...like if someone was thinking about suicide with this, there wouldn't be just a little bit of spilled liquid there...it would be splattered on there with less control and a much bigger area. And the pills wouldn't be in a nice constrained pile right there, they would be scattered throughout the frame more, again, with less control.

The lighting feels a little unnatural to me too. It looks like you were going for dramatic, but I don't think it's really working here. I'm not really sure how to tell you to light it, but maybe just play around with some other options and different placement of lights etc.

I haven't...I will have to though. I should follow along with the lyrics online so I actually understand them! :)

Nice color, decent lighting but odd composition, IMO.

Bottle at top of frame points off one way, bottle at bottom points opposite way and the are disconnected with nothing in the middle.
(and you've clipped the pills)

I think the idea is fine but you need a more coherent arrangement of the pieces.

6718417981978efc4354zll.jpg

o hey tyler said:
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0lSpNtjPM8&ob=av2n

Best response ever. Extremely relevant link haha

thanks for the advice!

Diddy2theJJ said:

Yeah, it does feel really controlled. Ill keep that in mind, i may reshoot this

considering that this looks like the last thing someone might see before they OD'd.... the various things that normally would not work... work for me.

The tight framing... like tunnel vision.

The raw colors in the booze bottle and the pills are stark, and almost like a warning.. like STOP!

The messiness and rough edges infer the chaos and incoherence that would be part of the life of anyone doing this type of "partying"...

Way to go, Tevo! Nice shot... although you sure picked a VERY dark subject to shoot on..... naughty naughty!

Most reactions

Back