C&C "Mazda3" "TopsyTurvy"

Clawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys! I figured I would post a couple of pics here taken within the last 24 hours or so. Both are new subject matter for me:

#1 · A night shot of my Mazda3 with some post-processing

#2 · Architectural photography is something I have never explored and this is probably my first such shot.

Any feedback is appreciated very much! My goal is to "graduate" from posting pics in this beginners forum, but only if I am taking consistently good shots.

Thank you!

3506912154_f287221f7c_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3409/3506912154_f287221f7c_o.jpg

3506869164_b654be4a03_o.jpg

Last edited:
The first pic was not showing, and I was unaware of this so *bump*

i like the angle of the shot....

but thats really it. lost of noise...photo isnt very clear.

also the trunk looks open, and kinda bothers me. the little light u did in post...whats the point? id just turn the actual lights of the car on, it think it would be nicer, and its real.

try to lower your iso, and have a longer shutter speed to have a cleaner image..

other than that, good job, your on the right track to having some nice shots!

-Dan

cant stand the neon in the post processing, looks very amateur

the shot is decent but the blowout and reflection are bothersome especially in B&W

i don't really like the picture of the 3. The post processing kills it, I think if you didn't add that neon green it would look decent. I like the second photo though, its probably me but it could be a tad sharper.

I have 3 also... here's a pic.. dirty though. haha.

web.jpg

i like the angle of the shot....

but thats really it. lost of noise...photo isnt very clear.

also the trunk looks open, and kinda bothers me. the little light u did in post...whats the point? id just turn the actual lights of the car on, it think it would be nicer, and its real.

try to lower your iso, and have a longer shutter speed to have a cleaner image..

other than that, good job, your on the right track to having some nice shots!

-Dan

Thank you for looking Dan!

A couple of comments on what you said. I am pretty sure I took this in ISO 400, and I would have a hard time going too much lower with lack of light.

And about the lights, I did not add anything in PP, that green light is actual light. All I did was make it B&W (except for the green light) and did a little with the healing brush where you could see some small, distracting flecks of light. I think I ended up with some more noise during the BW conversion (plus, I compressed it much more than I should have).

cant stand the neon in the post processing, looks very amateur

the shot is decent but the blowout and reflection are bothersome especially in B&W
adamwilliamking, thanks for taking a look!
(See above, as I did not add the neon in post processing, it's actual light)

Explain what you mean when you say the reflection is bothersome? I can't imagine a shot like this being effective without the reflection. Also, how can I avoid the blowouts in a very dark shot like this (without doing it in PP by taking multiple exposures and layering)? Any advice would be appreciated!

i don't really like the picture of the 3. The post processing kills it, I think if you didn't add that neon green it would look decent. I like the second photo though, its probably me but it could be a tad sharper.
Thanks Bigboi3 for the comment. You actually are right about the second shot, it's a small section cropped from a large original. Therefore, the noise is pronounced and the edges arent sharp as I would have wanted.

(sweet "3" by the way)

#1 is different, not something I've seen but looks cool, like electricity is just going crazy in your tailights lol

#2 looks great, I like it, looks awesome.

i honestly like the architecture photo, initially i couldn't tell what the hell it was but it nice. As for the MS3 why dint you try red, kinda would have carried along with the break light theme.. just me though.

i honestly like the architecture photo, initially i couldn't tell what the hell it was but it nice. As for the MS3 why dint you try red, kinda would have carried along with the break light theme.. just me though.
Nikon_Nyc: Lol... yes, I think the second is fairly interesting. I cropped this out from a larger image simply because I could barely tell which direction was up.

I could have done red I suppose, but I only had a green LED light on me that night and I didnt want to do too much in Photoshop.

ShotGunNik: Thank you for the positive words, I am really glad you enjoyed them!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back