C&C Mushroom photos

Yeah it is great and wonderful to have critiques done, but I agree with you. It is an art, and it is all about what the photographer is wanting to achieve. It's still helps direction to here what pleases some people and what does not.

I actually like my depth of field on my shroom pics, but still having them sharp all the way around I think would be an awesome twist too. I still need better direction with the depth of field in these two photos though so I will still play more with the aperture settings.

This is all good stuff!

-Christopher
I neglected to mention that there's also a depth-of-field preview button on the XSi, just below the lens release button. As you set different apertures, you can use this button to "preview" the image with the depth of field...

Personally, that's of limited utility, since the viewfinder image is so small (and Live View is ok, but limited, too, as others have noted in many reviews, etc, across the 'net). In this day of cheap memory cards, it's easier to me to "bracket" depth of field (or any other setting)... I no longer have the concern about the cost of film and processing just to get one image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back