C&C my DOG PICTURES!

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. Many of you don't know me, because I'm new to this forum. I just got into photography and I wanted to share my first pictures ever posted online. Enjoy, and don't forget to C&C! I'm new in photography so it is needed. :wink:

I'll start off with my parrot, Sammy.

#1 My African-Grey Parrot (very expensive, highly-intelligent), Sammy, as she eats her apple. She loves those apples!
DogsandSammy003.jpg

#2 Sammy's Stare.
RustyAbbyandSammyGood.jpg

#3 Complimentary Picture from my Mexico vacation. I was just there a few months ago, down in Puerto Vallarta (if you know where that is).
PuertoVallartaBoat035.jpg

Now, for my dogs. Man's best friend!

#4 Abbie, left, Rusty, right. It's funny how I trained these dogs to look at the camera when I take a picture. I have more of them together, I'll post those later.
RustyAbbyandSammy083.jpg

#5 Rusty's body shined on with light. I should photoshop this to make it look better. If anybody would be so kind to, go ahead! (also, I should have cropped out the glare at the top)
RustyAbbyandSammy057.jpg

#6 Rusty is so photogenic. I have a lot more great shots of him that I will share later.
RustyAbbyandSammy047.jpg

#7 Rusty plays with Bailey, my grandma's puppy. Funny dogs.
PetsRainbowand300031.jpg

#8 Last, but CERTAINLY not the least, is another picture of Rusty. This one was taken in the morning while Rusty was in his chair. The sunlight was shining through the open door very nicely, so I whipped out my camera and got a great shot. I really love this picture, probably the best dog one I've done. I hope you guys like it too.
PetsRainbowand300052.jpg

And yes, that is a real background, for some reason it turned out really dark. I like it.

So that wraps up my pictures for tonight. If this goes well I should post pictures occassionally on this site.

C&C Please!! Thanks guys.

edited: ///

Hi,

Welcome! I'm new too, so it's kinda weird to say it! :lol:

Then, your pictures...They're a bit like snapshots to me.
1. Too messy with the bars
2. Better! Nice DOF (Depth Of Field) I would crop of the white corner on the right though.
3. Quite nice, but I would have liked to see a bit more on the left side.
4. This one has got to be the worst of all... Not a very nice background and the flash didn't do any good to the eyes of your dog.
5. Funny point of view, but again the background. You might crop off the top.
6. Quite OK, but keep the whole dog in the picture or crop it in a more extreme way. Now a bit of the ear is cropped off. And the flash...
7. Could use a bit more contrast and color. Again background and surroundings...
8. I think this is the best of these pictures. I like the black background and the light which gives the dog a golden glow. Composition is good also.

So, try to look at backgrounds and surroundings also, and leave the flash for now. Try 'shooting' the dogs outside in a park or something.

Good luck,

Roger

8 is the best!!

Agree with blatalllic. Really like 8. And ditto what mdw said. I don't like using flash with my dogs... their eyes look weird.

I really like #3, and number 8 is great. Good job! I would recommend getting more pictures of your dog outside, or more natural light inside. The flash is harsh inside.

Thanks for all the helpful advice so far everyone!

I have some great outside shots of my dogs together that look really cool. I'll put them up when I get the chance!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back