C&C my first panorama and post processing attempt

jdong217

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've done panos before, but those were just "oh let me just take a bunch of pictures and see how they come out stitched together." I edited this in lightroom, but I'll be completely honest: I just kind of played with the dials until I liked how it came out. I'll have to learn them properly when I have time though -_-

Lai King stacks by justindong, on Flickr

I like it - there's so much to look at. I like the way the lights in the top right fade up and away into the darkness. It makes it seem like we're just seeing one bit of something huge that keeps going out of view. (I have no idea if it really does.)

I might increase the contrast just a little. Make the sky close to black.

I like it; agree that a contrast and saturation boost wouldn't hurt. Excellent use of the highway as a leading line.

I agree with the two above me. Looks good!

its a bit tilted

I like the dynamic range of the edit.

I assume those are mountains on the right side of the frame above the horizon line, but it looks like a ridiculously ENORMOUS super structure because of the lights.

I like it - there's so much to look at. I like the way the lights in the top right fade up and away into the darkness. It makes it seem like we're just seeing one bit of something huge that keeps going out of view. (I have no idea if it really does.)

I might increase the contrast just a little. Make the sky close to black.

This is what I got trying to make the entire sky black. Lol.
63315896930a519a75f0b2.jpg

I honestly think I like the second edit the best although the last one that Michael did was neat as well.. I love how the pic just catches my attention all the way around when looking at all the different things.

great shot. how did you do it?

id personally remove the tree line though...otherwise it looks awesome

I like your panorama shot, really good. I am not myself experienced with retouching night photography.. have you tried playing around with levels in photoshop? I think the second one looks much better, less washed out.

I think the second one is the best, just not that contrasty and darker, just a little bit less and I think it will be the best... Very nice shot!

Thanks guys.

I don't have a special tripod for panos like I know some dedicated people do, but I think having a decent ballhead helps. I'll post the 6 images later for reference.

Also will try playing around with photoshop some more later

@robitussin yeah, the background is mountains. There are actually mansions up there and there's a tourist shopping area as well with a great view

Most reactions

Back