C&C my photos

Nolan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C my photos? They are located at http://opticalidea.com/?p=135. Be sure to leave C&C on the site and as well here.

1)
3598658879_66cd362308.jpg

2)
img_1920-1024x768.jpg

Feedback is very appreciated.

Last edited:
If you don't post them on here you're not going to get half of the C&C you usually would. Sorry, that's just the facts.

If you don't post them on here you're not going to get half of the C&C you usually would. Sorry, that's just the facts.

Alright then, the post is edited. C&C please.

alright then

Good photo. Does not do much for me. It's a lot like a lot of other pictures I see around here. I think you should focus on one flower more.

You could be shooting at noon and have bad lighting, but it looks a little over exposed. maybe some editing in PS would make it a little better.

<>Dylan<>

For both, I find there isn't enough tonal contrast between the subject and the background to make the colours of the subject really pop. Try adjusting your viewing angle to get some more contrast between subject and background. If you just focus on the very top flower in your second image you can get an idea of what I mean; that contrast between the green background and white/purple flower will make it stick out a lot more.

Using this site to drum up traffic for your site is poor form.

For both, I find there isn't enough tonal contrast between the subject and the background to make the colours of the subject really pop. Try adjusting your viewing angle to get some more contrast between subject and background. If you just focus on the very top flower in your second image you can get an idea of what I mean; that contrast between the green background and white/purple flower will make it stick out a lot more.

I agree, that would definitely make the photo much better. But i was not quite aiming for that approach on #2. I was trying to capture the scene as a whole. So there would be a definite foreground, middle ground and background. Which would hopefully guide the viewers eyes across the meadow. I hope you get what i mean.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, but that wouldn't work from this perspective, and your DoF was too low in the shot to get that effect anyway. You'd need to shoot from farther back and at around f/16 to get closer to what I think you're talking about. Besides, the frame doesn't have any lines leading to the background even if it were in focus, so such an effect would be non-existent. You'd need some diagonals or convergence happening to convey such a sense of motion.

I agree with Bitter. It's bad form to use this forum to increase traffic to your site by increasing the referral count (yes, I know what you're doing and how the GoogleBot works). Concentrate more on photography and less on the marketing for know. When you have a competative product, then concentrate on the marketing (and still don't do it by linking to your site in every post). ;)

His web page loads really slowly and there is less than 20 pictures there. Don't understand why he's promoting it so much...not much to look at.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back