C&C Needed

HamSughes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm fairly new to photography, been using a DSLR (Canon D60) for nearly 3 months. I just shoot stuff in my spare time; a couple of nights ago I went out and snapped off some pictures of a local area in Edinburgh.
C&C Welcome, I shoot RAW and edit in Adobe Lightroom 3 (Beta).

4296372085_def9aca336.jpg

4297096236_14ea6a5a45.jpg

4296331341_70acd3bfbe.jpg

4297073738_b40a2dec7e.jpg

________
and some from recent weeks

4292665741_ca6e92870c.jpg

4290011901_613a4b6f94.jpg

Canon makes a d60?

I really like your first photo, the colour is great and the correct aspect of the photograph is enhanced.

The other two after that (in my opinion) are too far away from the light. The angle is perfect and you have the right idea, just not at night time.

I like the one with the sun in it, the shadow of the fence gives a nice affect and the angle is also good.

The one after that is pretty dull in my opinion.

And the last one is quite beautiful, the colour/temp is amazing.

Overall well done :)

Canon makes a d60?

Yep, it's pretty old. My Granddad gave it to me, he had it lying around the house. They came out in 2002 I think, something like that.
Like this:
flashup520.jpg

(http://www.dansdata.com/images/d60/flashup520.jpg)

I've got a 50mm 1:1.8 prime on it though.

and @Noonz: Thanks so much! The one with the "sun" in it though, it's actually taken at night too haha, that's a street lamp :D I didn't bother adjusting the white balance to suit it though because I liked the colour and the "sunrise" look of it though. Thanks for feedback : )

Last edited:
There's no numbers on all the images you posted and a couple of the street shots just don't have much of interest like, I think it was the second one?

You have green sunsets in the UK?

3 months isn't a long time. Be sure and check out some of the guidelines for composition and have a look at the way master painters use light because it all applies to photography too. Your journey has just begun.

Like your street shots: a couple of off camera, remotely triggered, cheap speedlights could have added some tension and drama.

they all look underexposed and you could start to focus on keeping your subject out of hte center of your image.

Yep, it's pretty old. My Granddad gave it to me, he had it lying around the house. They came out in 2002 I think, something like that.

Craziness. Learned a couple new things today.

Most reactions

Back