C&C - Nikon D40

Thanks! I personally liked the second picture as well, it's amazing what iPhoto can do!

looks pretty good but remember the rule of 3s. Having your subject dead center doesn't seem to catch me eye very well. the 1st one in the 2nd set looks a bit over exposed in the sky. The dog doing his business is great now post that up with some words of wisdom and you got a winner!!!!

looks pretty good but remember the rule of 3s. Having your subject dead center doesn't seem to catch me eye very well. the 1st one in the 2nd set looks a bit over exposed in the sky. The dog doing his business is great now post that up with some words of wisdom and you got a winner!!!!

How would I fix the over-exposure in the sky? And for the second one, how would you have done it? I was looking for a mysterious, scary kind of look.

Well your subject is the car right? bring it in a bit closer on the subject I like your other two shots but they seem too far away and the subject gets lost in the picture. As for the 2nd one how to make it better try and crop it just above the signs in the center and to either the right or left of the car. I would say the right as I think the shadow could come into play pretty cool. Also I noticed the horizon is a bit off. These are all things I know I have taken hits for in the past with shooting cars I do love the location but think about touching you DOF down a notch..

In the new set, the car should have been on the left half, since it is facing right....
I am not saying, but you say, is the car in the second image has a dumped look there? too centered to be interesting too..

#3: This is really lovely... i feel autumn... and i am in that car.....

i think the squirrel has come out beautifully now :D
Regards :D

In the new set, the car should have been on the left half, since it is facing right....
I am not saying, but you say, is the car in the second image has a dumped look there? too centered to be interesting too..

#3: This is really lovely... i feel autumn... and i am in that car.....

i think the squirrel has come out beautifully now :D
Regards :D
So car facing right = place it on the left of the frame and vice versa? Thanks for the feedback on the squirrel picture, I got more compliments on it after I edited it!

Well your subject is the car right? bring it in a bit closer on the subject I like your other two shots but they seem too far away and the subject gets lost in the picture. As for the 2nd one how to make it better try and crop it just above the signs in the center and to either the right or left of the car. I would say the right as I think the shadow could come into play pretty cool. Also I noticed the horizon is a bit off. These are all things I know I have taken hits for in the past with shooting cars I do love the location but think about touching you DOF down a notch..

Yes, the car was my subject. I'll be sure to bring the car a little closer next time. On the second picture, I'll crop it out and repost it. Thanks for all the tips, but what do you mean touching the DOF down a notch?

looks a hellalot better. what i mean by DOF is Depth of field or your f/ which would blur out the background a little. Like I said it does look like the car is sitting uneven still, but I do like it alot more now.

Most reactions

Back