C&C of some dark prints

Daver123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, I recently calibrated my monitor with Huey Pro but some 4x6 prints still came out looking significantly darker than on my screen. I'm hoping for some general C & C but also wondering if the brightness, contrast and colour saturation appear to be acceptable in these photos. Thanks a lot for your time.

1. f/8, 1/125 sec, ISO 200, 300mm

DSC_5724.jpg

2. f/10, 1/5 sec, ISO 200, 66mm

DSC_7079.jpg

3. f/9, 1/125 sec, ISO 200, 30mm

DSC_7184_2.jpg

4. f/8, 1/25 sec, ISO 200, 35mm

DSC_7558edit2.jpg

For the fourth photo i understand it mustve been hard to capture that well but it just kinda bothers me how the only thing thats in focus is the dogs head. The 3rd shot is very nice but the sun seems very distracting so i would lower the... brightness of it or something :p. The second shoot is very nice. I cant really think of anything bad about it. I like the tower's reflection in the water. The first shot is nice but for some reason (maybe you guys dont see this) but to me it just doesnt really seem like the birds upper body is in focus. all in all there nice shots :) Keep up the good work!

Thanks Chriss, I appreciate the input. I know what you mean about #4, I think it is a neat effect but the picture did make me kind of dizzy the first time I looked at it.

They all look fine on my (calibrated) screen.

Are you printing these at home, or using an online service?

If you're printing at home, make sure that your printer is using the ICC profile that Huey is creating.

It's good to hear the brightness is okay. I just printed them at Costco, which has given me great results with wedding prints in the past.

Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back