C&C on a quinceanera photoshoot, thanks as always!

thanks Schwetty, I swear I can't get away from the vignette! I really do try but it's like crack!

Stop it hipster! lol

But seriously stop it. The vignette should only be used when it is actually needed for a correction.

Shots are better then most I see of 15's.

Eyes open is much better then eyes closed. Much better.

Thanks, Joe. Believe it or not, I have a shot or two sans vignetting. I'll post it in a few.

This should help you kick the habit. I have a friend who has the most annoying wife ever which really sucks because it is my best friend. But she loves to take horrible photos or let her friend who thinks she is a seasoned pro photographer take pictures of her and her kids then she butchers them in photoshop with those horrible white vignettes. Your use is subtle compared to hers and you dont type stupid crap in white helvetica to mark the occasion. But still this is what I think of when I see this done. Noob with no taste. Dont be like her. Your pics dont need parlor tricks. The are good to begin with.

One other small thing I thought about. In #2 you should have had her look into the camera. Just would have made it connect more with the subject. Love the pose on the stairs. Good use for one of those humongous dresses.

Thanks again Joe, this is exactly what I think of those horrible vignettes. I really try to make them as subtle as possible but I know what you mean.
And this is the 2nd time I've posed a quince on those stairs, I think I'm gonna trade mark that pose lol

Most reactions

Back