Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Crit and comments welcome.
tearra_retouch-1.jpg

Excellent job man.

Are you using the strip as key light?

Excellent job man.

Thanks. Yes, the strip light in her glasses is lighting her. Also there is a gold reflector just out of view at her chest level. And the white background is a 3.5 foot octagon softbox that is firing.

Excellent job man.

Thanks. Yes, the strip light in her glasses is lighting her. Also there is a gold reflector just out of view at her chest level. And the white background is a 3.5 foot octagon softbox that is firing.

Hmm, interesting set up. I like it. Some might argue that you should PS the grid out of her glasses, but a look at most fashion/glamour magazines...it's the thing to do know. Leave them in as is.

Good picture man, very smooth look to it all, def looks publishable.

Very nice, like the final skin texture look

Lovely model, lovely photo, really nice retouching.
a minor nit is I think that the original has a discernible tilt to her left

Excellent job on the lips and skin. May I ask which blur you used to achieve skin texture? I am practicing different methods. Did you just do a hue/sat lip layer for the lips?

You made her skin flawless, beautiful work.

awesome work mate :) i really like what you've done to her skin :)
I myself like to retouch in photoshop, it's really funny!

Excellent job on the lips and skin. May I ask which blur you used to achieve skin texture? I am practicing different methods. Did you just do a hue/sat lip layer for the lips?

thanks. for the skin I did it in stages and the blur was one piece:
-removed blemishes with healing tools
-applied subtle 'dust and scratches' filter to reduce small details
-used 'surface blur' at a strong strength. masked it in at various strengths to the skin
-brought texture back by applying a high pass filter to a layer copy of her before the blur was added. I completely destaurated the high pass filter. Then I added noise to the layer and put it in 'soft light' blending mode. I masked in this to the areas where I blurred.

for the lips I created a new layer in soft light blending mode and painted with black in areas where I wanted to darken and used white where I wanted to emphasize the highlight on the bottom lip. I applied a Gaussian blur, adjusted the opacity and used a mask to cleanup any spill that would go past the boundaries of the lip.

Lovely model, lovely photo, really nice retouching.
a minor nit is I think that the original has a discernible tilt to her left

thanks, I didn't even see that. It looks a lot better straightened.

I don't think I can correct it though because the new crop will take off too much of her hand. : (

As a small adjustment with an image like this I would be inclined to make the background perfectly white. At the moment it looks slightly grey and there is a subtle shift in tone from left to right. It would only take a few seconds to clean up.

I agree with making the background pure white. You can make the picture straight if you have CS4 and use the content-aware-scaling feature. It will take some time to get right but it is possible. You will have to use a mask to protect parts of the image when you are scaling as well.

thanks. for the skin I did it in stages and the blur was one piece:
-removed blemishes with healing tools
-applied subtle 'dust and scratches' filter to reduce small details
-used 'surface blur' at a strong strength. masked it in at various strengths to the skin
-brought texture back by applying a high pass filter to a layer copy of her before the blur was added. I completely destaurated the high pass filter. Then I added noise to the layer and put it in 'soft light' blending mode. I masked in this to the areas where I blurred.

for the lips I created a new layer in soft light blending mode and painted with black in areas where I wanted to darken and used white where I wanted to emphasize the highlight on the bottom lip. I applied a Gaussian blur, adjusted the opacity and used a mask to cleanup any spill that would go past the boundaries of the lip.

Thank you for taking the time explaining that. I am familiar with most of your method... except desating the high pass layer, and your lip method. I will have to try that. Muchos gracias.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back