C&C on my beginning pictures would be awesome!

srkelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! I am new to photography (started this summer), and I would like to know what people thought of some of my photos that I recently took. I am brand new (Canon Powershot SD750 and my mom has a Canon EOS Rebel XTi that I can use sometimes), so any constructive criticism would be lovely. Thanks!

1)
3836359015_d9d82f5035_o.jpg

2)
3831561002_01566eebf3_o.jpg

3)
3831559932_7719268df9_o.jpg

4)
3827850301_4ddf1e2170_b.jpg

5)
3830764607_f2c57f4586_o.jpg

Thanks for any suggestions or critiques! My flickr is here also.
I've found that I have the most fun with flower shots and bird photography, which I was able to practice a bit a few weeks ago. I would like to take portraits, or pictures of people, but I always feel nervous doing so. Any tips on getting started in that field?

I like all of them, with the exception of #5. The dog picture looks like it would be cool with a weird crop and tons of contrast. (For the record, I'm a contrast whore.) ;)

dogjgi.jpg

great start. Some seem a little OOF to me. The dog one is great. I agree with the above comment on the crop and contrast boost.

Really like the second one. You have good composition. Just try to work on focusing a little bit. The flowers seem out of focus.

Thanks for the comments! I'm glad I posted here, because I didn't notice the OOF'ness until you guys pointed it out. I'll work on it :)

Really nice pictures C:
I like the guitar one
(im a guitar addict) P:

Most reactions

Back