C&C on my dog.

dearlybeloved

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i feel like theres something missing and that its noisy. i like how he is but theres just something off with it to me. if im wrong then let me know but what am i overlooking.

d701.jpg

Could be the computer im on right now but it looks like you lost detail in the blacks of the dogs face. When you shoot with digital you need to expose for the highlights in the scene so that you have as much detail in the shadows as possible. Also the background is distracting especially in the right hand side of the frame with that big black thing. Lastly, you cut off the dogs right paw a bit too much IMO, looks award. Cutting limbs off at the joints looks the best as opposed to in the middle of them.

Edit: I said left instead of right.

well this dog is still a puppy so getting him to hold still long enough is just simply not going to happen. i like his face the most and i definitely do agree with everything you said. i just need to figure out what kind of pill will make him less hyped haha.

Actually, it is very good shot as it is. The subject attracts my eyes straight away. I wouldn't have minded seeing both paw in the frame to get the idea if he's perched up on something like striking a pose for you.

my only option on this is to either leave like this (i do think it is a little under exposed) or photoshop everything in the background out and have him on a more black background. but i dont think it would be completely necessary

:grumpy: you know you want one

To me the image looks a little flat. If you have Photoshop you could try to use the Shadow/Highlight adjustment to recover a little detail in his face then adjust the curves to get a bit more contrast. I think that would help a lot.

nice healthy coat.
tongue is a good pink color.
his eyes are buggy like they should be.
well done! :thumbup:

see what i did there? :D

It's tough to shoot anything moving (Especially a dog) at 1/100 of a sec. and not get a little motion blur, I think that's what your seeing here. Try 1/250 sec. and turn up your ISO a little.

I agree with the others that you lost some detail in the dark fur, but I think it provides an excellent contrast to the pink tongue! A cute pose, and I am sure it was hard enough to get him to stop for a fraction of a second, so good capture :)

ill give it a whirl when i have a few minutes to sit down with him. the best time is when its getting late so hes tired. he and my other pug lily spend all day running around

Most reactions

Back