C&C on my first shot with the clone stamp tool

MariClaire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I just got a copy of PS CS5 and took a picture and did some work on it with the clone stamp tool. This is my first go at this and I thought I would show you guys and have you tell me what you think and what I could do to make it better. I know the photo is horrid but I knew there was lots of skin for me to play with.

Here they are;
BEFORE
DaveBEFORE.jpg

AFTER
DaveAFTER-1.jpg

Thanks guys!

Looks good.

For that kind of work I prefer using the Spot Healing Brush, and on the tool option bar select either Proximity Match, Create Texture, or Content-Aware as needed.

The Content-Aware feature makes it easy to fix the reddish blemish in the top of his left eyebrow.

Looks good.

For that kind of work I prefer using the Spot Healing Brush, and on the tool option bar select either Proximity Match, Create Texture, or Content-Aware as needed.

The Content-Aware feature makes it easy to fix the reddish blemish in the top of his left eyebrow.

+1 :)

Thanks guys, I will try the same image with this method! Just toying around trying to learn the ropes with these tools : ) thanks again

when you say "got a copy" that sounds like a pirated version to me. The more people that steal the software, the more prices will go up for those of us that fork out the money for it.

Not really sure that your comment was necessary... That's just how some people say it... I would say it the same way.

The assumptions I've seen people making on here the last couple days are just ridiculous and unnecessary and really just seem antagonistic...

Instead of commenting on her grammar, comment on her image like she asked us to.

when you say "got a copy" that sounds like a pirated version to me. The more people that steal the software, the more prices will go up for those of us that fork out the money for it.
I got a copy of Ps CS5 too, and I only paid $199 for it.
I got it directly from Adobe at the upgrade price. After all, that's all they sell - copies.

I agree, the spot healing brush works great for blemishes, its usually pretty decent at guessing what to fill the spot with. Not a bad job on what you did though.

I got a copy of Ps CS5 too, and I only paid $199 for it.
I got it directly from Adobe at the upgrade price. After all, that's all they sell - copies.

all students can get PSCS5 for 200$. :thumbup:

Students can't buy Ps CS5 ($699, retail). They can only buy Ps CS5 Extended ($999, retail) for $199.

Most reactions

Back