C&C on my Valentine photo!

Ashlorraine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, it's been a while...school is taking over so I have very little time for photography!! But what do you think of my photo I took/edited for my friends on valentines day??

Hmm I don't know why the photo isn't posting...heres the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/40998098@N06/5450735622/

Side Note: Lately my camera has been taking a long time to autofocus (I have a NIkon D60 w/ kit lens). It goes in and out and usually can't settle (especially in lower light). I have been having to manually focus everything! I feel like when I first got my camera it was focusing much more easily. Has anyone ever had this problem?

Last edited:
most here frown on selective coloring, too cliche but I still find it amusing.

Truthfully, I'm not a fan of selective coloring, but this one works for me. I like it.

I usually don't really like selective colour either but I think it looks good here :)

I agree with the others, I'm not a fan at all when it comes to selective coloring, except in the very few cases where it really works well. I find this photo one of those cases, and I think it works very nicely with the photo.

Hey everyone, it's been a while...school is taking over so I have very little time for photography!! But what do you think of my photo I took/edited for my friends on valentines day??

Hmm I don't know why the photo isn't posting...heres the link: 5450379826_df2e5ffe0a_z | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Side Note: Lately my camera has been taking a long time to autofocus (I have a NIkon D60 w/ kit lens). It goes in and out and usually can't settle (especially in lower light). I have been having to manually focus everything! I feel like when I first got my camera it was focusing much more easily. Has anyone ever had this problem?

I'm also not a fan of selective colouring, but you've executed it well and the photo is great.

About your camera being slow to focus, particularly in low light; do you have AF assist turned on? AF Assist will help in focussing because it uses the white light on the front to the camera to light up dark subjects in order to focus more easily.

Check to see if it's on. If it is, then I don't know what the problem is!

Most reactions

Back