c&c on my website

flightless_beaker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just wanted some c&c on my website. I'm planning on mailing in the LLC forms today or tomorrow for my state. Oh, and if one of the comments is on the lack of pictures, I'm working on exporting them from Lightroom so I'm already aware of that :D Thanks!

Beaker Photography

I wasn't using a maximized browser window, and once in the gallery, I couldn't find my way out. I finally found the little "X" in the upper right corner.
Just lettin' you know, navigation wasn't obvious.

On my laptop @1024x768 resolution I have to scroll to see the whole page but shows up fine on my desktop @1680x1050.

Personally I'm not a fan of wix

It's too big to fit my 1024 x 768 monitor without scrolling. I agree with Bitter about the navigation. I would ditch the "Website created by Wix.com" on the bottom. Read my SEO for the Photographer link in my sig. ;)

I wasn't using a maximized browser window, and once in the gallery, I couldn't find my way out. I finally found the little "X" in the upper right corner.
Just lettin' you know, navigation wasn't obvious.

I'll see what I can do. Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of wix with their galleries.

I would ditch the "Website created by Wix.com" on the bottom.

Agree 100%. Just don't feel like spending the extra 10 dollars per month just yet to get rid of it. It is definitely on the horizon.

Your using flash you can ditch the watermarks..

Think I can do that? What I was afraid of was people doing screen shots of the gallery on my nature photos because I do sell prints. But I think you are right. I had a long debate with myself about watermarking the photos. At first none were then I watermarked them all. Guess it is kind of redundant.

Thanks for the input everyone. And thanks for pointing out the resolution problems. I'll need to figure out what I can do to fix it.

I am debating whether to keep the background image or use a completely black background considering I'm focusing on portraits and events mostly. What are everyone's opinions?

Well, your bio says you are a business, and you say your prints sell, howabout you ditch the "free" webhost and get a proper one. You can get them for +/- $7.50 month. You'll look more "pro".

You might want the cost of your services on the site as well. Even if it's estimated like "portraits $150 and up/what they get". you can then suggest they contact you to customize a shoot. Personally, if prices aren't listed, I wouldn't bother sending and email to find out. Particularly when so many other photographers list their packages. Just my thought.

Last edited:
Well, your bio says you are a business, and you say your prints sell, howabout you ditch the "free" webhost and get a proper one. You can get them for +/- $7.50 month. You'll look more "pro".

You might want the cost of your services on the site as well. Even if it's estimated like "portraits $150 and up/what they get". you can then suggest they contact you to customize a shoot. Personally, if prices aren't listed, I wouldn't bother sending and email to find out. Particularly when so many other photographers list their packages. Just my thought.

I do pay for webhosting. I guess you missed the part where I said that I am gonna get rid of the wix stuff but I'm not paying the extra money just yet. I don't even have my LLC papers yet nor have I officially opened up. I'm definitely paying the extra money when that and my tax certificate come in and I start paying for advertising. I'm not taking jobs yet I'm just working on the website and other stuff right now to get ready to open shop. The website isn't even advertised except when I'm trying to get input from people either here or from my friends :)

I do see what you are saying about prices and I do think the same way. I'm going to give it more thought. I've just noticed on most photographer's websites, they don't generally post prices so I just decided to follow suit. I've also read from some users on here to never post your rates.

How are you selling your photos? How can somebody purchase one? How much are they?

I don't see any info about that.

Nor will they be right now. Probably should have explained more in depth. That isn't part of my startup plan. I do sell my prints but at request right now. I am planning on setting up something either on wix or another website where people can order them but not for a while. I'm not even going to advertise them through my business because my nature photography is kind of just a hobby of mine and haven't decided if I want to associate that with my business or my own name. Prints just isn't my focus at the moment unless they are customer's portraits. Taking everything a step at a time.

Keep your opinions coming. I have my wix open right now :) I also fixed the aspect ratio. Can someone with a 1024x768 monitor tell me if it fits?

Keep your opinions coming. I have my wix open right now :) I also fixed the aspect ratio. Can someone with a 1024x768 monitor tell me if it fits?

Much better! It also looks like you read my article. :)

I did. That was incredibly helpful. :D I did do some more stuff if you guys want to check it out.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back