C&C on processing - Moracco Fountain

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking back, I wish I had gotten the fountain in the center of the arch behind it.

Besides that, how do you think the processing fits this image? Does it look too "dirty"? Would a "cleaner" version be better? I selective sharpened the fountain, leaving the rest a little soft on purpose.

Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Moracco-night-fountain by Parker219, on Flickr

The trees look too oversaturated to me. But I'm on my iPhone so don't take me opinion too seriously.

I really like this photo. The detail, sharpness, and colour of the fountain are very pleasant to look at. Nice edit.

Thank you everyone.

Tiller- good point about the trees.

I made a new edit where I desaturated the trees a little, and also took down some of the background highlights. I also dodge/burned the ground to be a little darker and the fountain to be a little lighter. Just to try to make it POP a little more.

Moracco-night-fountain-edit by Parker219, on Flickr

I like the fountain but the color temperature of the lighting is a bit too warm for me. My attention goes to the lighting, not the fountain.

^ Yeah, I can see that, when I get home I will try to tone down those lights some more.

I like the fountain but the color temperature of the lighting is a bit too warm for me. My attention goes to the lighting, not the fountain.

Interesting view. Quite the opposite for me. The colours in the original in my opinion are great and the bright light for me adds the required contrast for the blue fountain to pop out. My eye is drawn immediately to the fountain and the saturated orange lights just add to the photo character for me.

^ Just goes to show that different people see the same image differently.

I can't figure out how you got the wall behind the arch in perfect focus, but the face of the arch with the Arabic writing so out of focus. I agree with the 3rd edit but for me the fountain is too centered to make the shot work.

^Ha, I dont know how that happened either. I messed around a lot with selective sharpening, very will could have hit that one part of the wall and not the other.

Trust me on this one though, the fountain in the center was the best option for this. What you cant see is RIGHT off camera to the right there is a stroller, and RIGHT off to the left a group of people in bright green shirts ( so everyone in their party can spot them easy ). I waited for 30 minutes, just standing there, waiting for my opening, and this was it. I only got 1 shot at it, thats why I am messing with it so much in post.

I agree with Mully. Now the fountain just jumps at me.

Most reactions

Back