C&C on set design

SNAPaPHOTO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was asked yesterday to save the day and take picture of kids at my church tomorrow for Easter. Apparently something happened with the person who has done it in years past. So in less than 24 hr I put this together, wish I had more time I would have been able to order better props, but Wal-Mart can come through when your in a jam.

My daughter had been playing all day on the playground at the church so yes I know she is not in an Easter dress for the picture. That would be tomorrow when I will be taking 300 kids pictures for the church.

My lighting was one softbox light from above, and an umbrella on the right.

I know that I am throwing the rules of thirds out on this, but does the set work?

n2helz.jpg

I think the set is ok, but you may need to tweak the lighting. I feel that it can be a bit warmer.

I always believe in natural sunlight, but since weather can be an issue, I guess this is the safer option.

The set is busy, but I was trying to compensate for a blank muslim. All I could find at Walmart were trinkets no real props.

I will tinker with the lights in the morning.

I think sometimes less is more. The chaotic background takes away from the subject. I'd just use the chair and pick one prop to put on the floor next to it. That way the children are the focus in the shot.

Most reactions

Back