C&c on this corporate portrait

Here is the canvas fixed. I added back some contrast too. I am pleased with it now and I do like the "shallow" depth of field. It's not that shallow actually. I do agree that a lighter background might have worked better.

A simply BEAUTIFUL portrait now. With some head space above her, and her eyes lowered in the fame to the proper height, she looks absolutely STUNNING in this.

I might dodge the ever-so-slightly dark portion of her hair (camera left) a teensy bit....or not. The depth of field looks really nice to me. I like the jacket/backdrop harmony in tone and hue. Teeth,skin,and lips look good.

Bravo!

I like it.
My only issue is with her white eye make up, it looks odd to me (is it the height of current fashion?) ... and that's the personal taste of an old country bumpkin who has never seen that before and isn't sure he likes it. ;)

I’m not a portrait shooter so take this from a strictly viewer perspective. I like your second crop better as far as head space but the photo now seems too narrow overall. Also, I find the out of focus far shoulder to be a distraction that pulls my eye away from her face. Other than those two minor things, it’s a great shot with nice light and a natural unforced smile.

define: fixed.

upload_2017-11-7_8-46-26.png

:)

Eh. He said she wants to use it on Linkedin. Kinda like the "good enough for government work" jokes my friends who work on federal contracts make constantly. (Don't worry...they don't design/build/test billion dollar nuclear submarines or anything).

I do gov't work, we are better than that! :p

I like her eye make up.
I would like to see a little more warmth in her smile though.

I like it.
My only issue is with her white eye make up, it looks odd to me (is it the height of current fashion?) ... and that's the personal taste of an old country bumpkin who has never seen that before and isn't sure he likes it. ;)
That's the current style among the "Young", "Hip", "Fresh" corporate executives these days.

They also like OOF hair, ears, neck, and clothing.

Apparently.

I do agree that a lighter background might have worked better.
Either lighter or darker, your choice, just as long as it doesn't match her jacket.

Like this one.

Looks impeccable to me. Not everything has to be done traditionally, and you did this very well.

Most reactions

Back