C&C on Winter Lighthouse Pics

6 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

this one is my favorite... The ones where you were further away from the lighthouse weren't very interesting...

Just a tip... Most of the time when you post a link, you won't get much C&C... It's better if you post a few of the pictures from the set, and link to it at the end so if anyone wants to see more they can... I would choose 3 or 4 of them that you really want some C&C on and post them here though ;)

I think they look great, mind sharing your post editing? I'm not familiar with your camera but did you shoot manual or auto exposure? I really like these.

Last edited:
I really like this photo.... others focused in to close @ times
4442290277_e06d59db90.jpg
...:thumbup:

Really digging 4, 7, and 8. I'd really like 6 as well but the horizon line is bothering me being cocked sideways while the rest of the image looks fine...

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Unfortunately these were practically shot in an auto mode, just a few exposure tweaks. At this point I only have a P&S, so it has some very obvious limits. I intend on buying a T1i or Xsi pretty soon.

The original photos are posted
Edits/Originals - a set on Flickr

I tweaked the horizon in the photograph which that was commented on, what do you think? - That is 8E on this link^^^

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Unfortunately these were practically shot in an auto mode, just a few exposure tweaks. At this point I only have a P&S, so it has some very obvious limits. I intend on buying a T1i or Xsi pretty soon.

The original photos are posted
Edits/Originals - a set on Flickr

I tweaked the horizon in the photograph which that was commented on, what do you think? - That is 8E on this link^^^

Thanks for posting those. What do you edit with?

For these pictures, iPhoto was the only editing software I used. What do you think, was the editing to drastic? Does it need to be more subtle?

The xsi and t1i are both awesome cameras. I have the xsi and LOVE it. If it's your first dslr then it is definitely a good starting point. :)

Great photos - I have the XSi and love it so far

That is definitely a good thing to hear! The Xsi is the main consideration, especially since this is my first dslr. I am also a college student, so the price of the xsi seems like the best idea. What kind of lenses do you shoot with? Are any of you still using the kit lens, or did you only buy the body? Is the kit lens actually so trashy that it is not worth buying?

i have the kit lens and a 50mm 1.8 which is nice as well as a 55-250 which is my zoom. I am just a beginner myself, but the kit lens i do use a lot. I do not have much to compare it to other than the other two lenses, but i like it. It does have some flaws, but getting used to my camera and learning the ropes (so to speak). It is serving its purpose now, but I will def upgrade at some point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back