C&C please ;) 50mm 1.4

Lynnzora

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like this lens. Please C&C... I'm always looking to improve my pictures so give your hones opinion.

Love.jpg

#2.
peek.jpg

#3.
tt4.jpg

The Bokeh effects are great.
For the 2nd image,perhaps taking it at a more higher angle would be better.

1 and 3 - excellent. 2 I think I'd have used a narrower aperture to get the hand in focus.

Thank you guys... I'm still learning how to play with the settings on my camera. That'll be something that I work on. What about this pic?

tt5.jpg

The first three images are a tiny bit overexposed and may have a white balance issue. I like the composition and the character of the shots. DOF in the first and third image is great.

The last image is a tiny bit underexposed and may have a white balance issue. Watch the direction of the light. Composition is okay...this is the kind of shot where you should move from side to side while looking through the viewfinder to find the best composition for the shot...you want to place the subject so that the background works with the subject. In this shot you have those two white things behind the subject that are a little distracting.

The first pic looks like it is out of a parenting magazine. Great exposures and composition. It kind of shows you what you can do with not a whole lot to work with. Good job. Your talent is a babe too!

I like the 4th one the best, but I do agree with the little white lines behind the head being a little distracting

I like them all. Great job. On the 4th, I wonder what it would look like if it was cropped in some.

I see some improvement for sure. I still see some white balance issues. Also just a little focus issue in one and two. Number 4 is by far the strongest of the images although the hair on the right side of her face is a little distracting.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I've booked sooo many photoshoots. I learn something new everytime. I think I'm about done doing it for free. Or if I do it for free, I'll only put them up on smug mug or something so they'll have to purchase the prints if they want them... anyway... off subject.

Anyway, what's wrong with the white balance in the pictures and how would I go about fixing it. Thanks.

I see a blue cast.

My guess is that it was a partially overcast day. Looks like diffused direct sunlight.
A lot of reflected light from the blue sky has influenced the overall white balance.

I see a blue cast.

My guess is that it was a partially overcast day. Looks like diffused direct sunlight.
A lot of reflected light from the blue sky has influenced the overall white balance.

How would you fix that?

How would you fix that?

I know this is going to come across as kinda rude but if you dont know this you have no business charging people for shots. I know that sounds rude but its not meant to be.

Please try and understand where I am coming from. If you dont know how to manage the most simple of the settings in your camera your setting yourself up to get yourself in some real trouble. When people pay for photography or even prints they expect something close to professional quality.

The white balance is set in your settings. The camera sees light differently than we do. The camera has different preset settings sunny, cloudy, shadow, tungsten, flourscent, flash and maybe some others. There should also be a custom setting.

I know this is going to come across as kinda rude but if you dont know this you have no business charging people for shots. I know that sounds rude but its not meant to be.... blah blah... :lmao:

Now I don't mean to be rude when I say that I wish someone else commented on this. The info actually made sense... The WHITE BALANCE part anyway. If I listened to even half of the negativity that people sent my way, I wouldn't have accomplished HALF of the things that I have today.

I've heard more than a few people on this site tell a newbie that they have no business charging for a photo. I've shared my ambitions with people and have had them shot down. My opinion on this subject is that if you have a polaroid camera and want to charge a $1 per picture. :lol: That's up to you. As long as your potential customers know what they're getting ahead of time, that's all that matters. That's why you have a portfolio. If they like your work they'll use you. If they don't, they won't. What matters is that the consumer is happy.

Quite frankly people have approached me liking what they have seen and wanting to pay me to do birthday parties, portfolio pics, etc... What do I say? "Absolutely not! I have white balance issues!" :sexywink: And as a newbie does that mean my time is worthless? I have a family that I take myself away from to do photoshoots for other people. What about the cost of gas or dvds if I plan on burning images onto them for people... Or the time spent in photoshop, etc... My time might not be worth as much as someone has been shooting for 10+ years but it is worth something. Especially because I'm humble, willing to learn, take criticism (WHEN CONSTRUCTIVE) and most important bend over backwards to make sure the customer is happy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back