C&C Please! First attempt at childrens portraits

ga_shooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot these yesterday, it is the first time i have attempted the whole staged portrait type of thing. I forgot to swith the camera back to RAW because i had been shooting snapshots for ebay in jpeg, so these have no processing done. Please C&C!

2483817106_9e8166dd89.jpg

2483000175_157856c07a.jpg

2482999371_07ca7913e9.jpg

2483816574_3faa61230a.jpg

The first shot has way too much headroom. The second shot would be much better if the background was out of focus. Gotta watch for things like trees growing out their heads. The third shot is my favorite. Good job of catching their expressions! The last shot is nice but the blanket in the bottom of the frame bothers me.

The first shot has way too much headroom. The second shot would be much better if the background was out of focus. Gotta watch for things like trees growing out their heads. The third shot is my favorite. Good job of catching their expressions! The last shot is nice but the blanket in the bottom of the frame bothers me.

Ok, i didn't even think of the tree head thing, and that is so funny. I will never see this picture the same way again. In total agreement with your accessments, next time i'll slow down.

The third shot is my favourite, great capture. The rest are really sharp, and the last one is quite nice..

3rd one is definitely the best of the bunch. I'll have to agree with the other critiques as I would have said the same thing. Keep practicing.

I implore you to look at the cropping of your pictures. Very nice composition but they are adrift in a sea of empty space.

4 x 6 may be convenient for 17 cent prints but 4 x 6 is more often then not terrible for pictures of people.

VERY nice pictures but you need to plan your finals when you look through the viewfinder.
Don't cut off feet or hands.
If it isn't contributing to the final, crop it out.
collagewq9.jpg

Yeah, the cut off feet and limbs bug me. :) Just pay better attention to composition next time, and maybe get some bokeh in the background next time to separate the subjects from the background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back