C&C please? First Wedding (and the last!)

MrsMoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to my friends wedding on tuesday, she asked me to be the photographer! I didnt have anything to wear to the wedding till the day before I was worried about the photos so much :lol:

but here's 2 of IMHO the better ones - unedited
I'll get more uploaded onto my photobucket acc later

and hints about editing them would be great too please? :)
thanks

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

haven't these been posted before in a different thread? I feel like I've seen these already.

#1 i dont like the angle all that well.
#2 i like this one. you captured a very nice moment! :)

#1- The lighting is scattered. You should have found a North facing window with less direct sunlight, and without blinds to break up the light. Also, have them stand so that they don't have to look up at you. The guy looks like a total creeper staring at you like that.

#2- A wider angle lens is usually used for shots like the rice throwing (although they never use real rice anymore). You want to include all of the people in the crowd. Another shot you want to take with the wide angle lens is the throwing of the bouquet. You got that shot, right?

I think both could use some cropping to fix up the composition somewhat, specially the first one.

The background on the first isn't too good, blinds with a clump of rope. You should be able to get most of that our with a good crop.

I agree with the angle of the first, its a bit too high up. Good intentions though, but bad execution.

Both also need some sharpening and maybe some levels adjustment in photoshop

for using only a d60 and 18-55, they are okay. how did you do the ceromony though? most churches / chapels dont allow you close the the B&G during the ceremony, you generally have to stay at the far back, unless it is only you + them

#1- The lighting is scattered. You should have found a North facing window with less direct sunlight, and without blinds to break up the light. Also, have them stand so that they don't have to look up at you. The guy looks like a total creeper staring at you like that.

#2- A wider angle lens is usually used for shots like the rice throwing (although they never use real rice anymore). You want to include all of the people in the crowd. Another shot you want to take with the wide angle lens is the throwing of the bouquet. You got that shot, right?

She never threw it :lmao:

for using only a d60 and 18-55, they are okay. how did you do the ceromony though? most churches / chapels dont allow you close the the B&G during the ceremony, you generally have to stay at the far back, unless it is only you + them

I was told by the registrar person to stand right at the front, as it was the best place to take photos! :)

In #2 the hand looks like it's about to grab the bride and abduct her :lol:. I would crop that out. Since the background behind it is pretty unifrom, you might be able to use the heal brush or spot heal brush to make it look like the hand wan't there at all and replace it with door and window.

I'm pretty sure I removed the hand in the end :)
and I moved house, not lost in a time warp :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back