C&C Please For Fireman's Funeral Procession

cloud9imagery

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cloud9imagery.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$CC_IMG_0607.jpg The resolution is medium, but I would love to get your opinions. One of my favorite things about this is that I am able to see the raindrops in the photo. Thanks!

I'm a nostalgic type of person, but I think this would be really cool to make it look old/worn/vintage in post.

Don't be to shy with this resolution, enough to cover half a wall. Colors are nice. Compo is questionable and title too big, no way one can tell from the photo, that this is a funeral. Honestly, after having a glimpse at your website, I think, that you already know, that this pic is sort of a miss.

Not sure that it's a "miss" considering our local newspaper
Do you work for that local newspaper ? Maybe you can arrange a home delivery for me ? 1000 miles up north ? I feel I might need it with more of your photos coming I would be looking for explanations what's on them. :lol:
Seriously: picture is not self explanatory. I see two guys riding a red wagon (in the rain) and for a good measure they might be members of miners orchestra from my old city. They even have "little trumpets" on the caps.

Not sure that it's a "miss" considering our local newspaper had it covering 2/3 of the front page yesterday. But, yes, I don't like it covering his face, either.
You seem to pick a bone with every bit of critique or information that you don't like or pushes you out of your comfort zone. We are not here to tell you that you are the newest Ansel Adams, but we sure as hell try to push each other to that level. If you want sunshine and roses from us you might try ILP or something like it. Pushing and moving to the next level is kind of painful. The sunshine and roses don't do me or you or anyone else any good. It doesn't help you to see where you can improve and become something MORE.

Newspapers run a lot of questionable images if that's all they've got. The rain is a great feeling to this image, but the composition is really poor at best and kind of defeats the whole feeling that the rain is giving you. The fire truck wouldn't tell the story of the funeral, however if it were run with a headline for a fireman's funeral, that would be your explanation. I'd have guessed parade. The 4th of July. Fireman's Convention...
It's poorly exposed with a TON of distractions that would be fine if you had narrowed or widened, but as it is it's got a lot of draw elsewhere and it's hiding the emotion of the image.

Not sure that it's a "miss" considering our local newspaper had it covering 2/3 of the front page yesterday. But, yes, I don't like it covering his face, either.
You seem to pick a bone with every bit of critique or information that you don't like or pushes you out of your comfort zone. We are not here to tell you that you are the newest Ansel Adams, but we sure as hell try to push each other to that level. If you want sunshine and roses from us you might try ILP or something like it. Pushing and moving to the next level is kind of painful. The sunshine and roses don't do me or you or anyone else any good. It doesn't help you to see where you can improve and become something MORE.
:thumbup: That's what is going on here.
Take that pic
File:Rhein II.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gursky did not post it here, he new, he will be blasted to bits. Most pointless pic.

Do you work for that local newspaper ? Maybe you can arrange a home delivery for me ? 1000 miles up north ? I feel I might need it with more of your photos coming I would be looking for explanations what's on them. :lol:
Seriously: picture is not self explanatory. I see two guys riding a red wagon (in the rain) and for a good measure they might be members of miners orchestra from my old city. They even have "little trumpets" on the caps.

No, I do not work for the newspaper. I was asked for the photographs from the owner/editor. (In my opinion, this was not the best shot because I have another that was better, but the editor chose this one and three more out of several.)

$Resize_P08-11-12_13-151000009.jpg

Last edited:
Do you work for that local newspaper ?

No, I do not work for the newspaper. I was asked for the photographs from the owner/editor.

Loosen up Cloud. I think we all happy for you, that your pictures became printed. :hugs:
However now you know, what we think about your editor; usually they are better at things other, then photography. In the context this picture works, but, as I said before, it doesn't, if standing alone.

Wow! Congrats at making the paper! I agree though, the light in the ff face greatly takes away from the image.

Have you yet come to the conclusion that maybe you just don't fit in here? There seems to be an argument in every one of your posts because you don't like CC and have to argue how we are wrong? If we're wrong, why hang around with a bunch of people who don't know what they're talking about and pick arguments with them?

I had no doubt it was in the paper. I have submitted things to the paper that should never have printed only to find them in large size. Whereas then I groan and wonder WHY did I even send that.. I learned to only submit something that I would WANT my name associated with and not anything I feel has any major issues. When everyone looking at that says "gee, I wish I could see Bob's head..." it's your name on that tag line.

I think as a newspaper photo, it works as well as a lot of photos in our local rag. But, like everyone else, the chrome light is distracting. Maybe a slightly higher viewpoint to catch a glimpse of the casket top?
I would suspect this is a funeral, but then again it could be a parade.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back