C&C please on this Hawaiian beach landscape

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this last summer but the cold weather has me longing for the beach so thought I'd post it for some feedback. I mostly like the composition but wonder if there is too much sand in the foreground? I straightened it a bit and shaved some off the bottom and left sides. I wish I would have had more room to crop the bottom without losing the water on the left. Also, I may have gone a bit overboard with my the Topaz labs software I got myself for Christmas (awesome Black Friday deal!) - so much fun to use! Thoughts on the post processing? Was told that this beach was called Sherwood Forest by the locals, not because of the beautiful trees that are just behind the beach but because so many people get robbed there.

$Sherwood2.jpg

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

try cropping out a bit more of the sand

I don't know. It looks kind'a odd to me. Like a 1950's postcard. Maybe it's just me.

I don't know. It looks kind'a odd to me. Like a 1950's postcard. Maybe it's just me.

Are you saying that the crop is odd or the photo in general?

Here's my whack at it. Your post says edits okay, if it's not I'll delete it.

Yeh I find it odd.. I don't know if it's the sand.. It just just doesn't look real.

Hmm. When I get back home I'll have to look at the original again to see how ithe color compares. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

side by side unedited and edited:

$Sherwood uncut.jpg$Sherwood1.jpg

Too much post!

Most reactions

Back