Reaction score
Website
www.thinhlephotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3101038403_7f5a84ca28.jpg

3101873136_e126f5c024.jpg

it was taken at 9 at night

Overall, nicely done. I'd level & perspective correct #1, and maybe try and reduce the window highlights in post.

haha yeah, i like that weird glow in 1. but it seems a little overexposed where those lights are

"a little"?
Well ... let's be honest: the lights are totally overexposed and if you had meant to make the Christmas decorations in that front garden your subject, you failed.
But if you wanted it to come out just like this (for whichever reason), then, of course, you succeeded.
The angle is all weird, there wasn't an earthquake going on? ;)

Therefore I like the second a lot better, mostly so the stars in the sky!

2 is my favourite because of the point of view, the stars and the snow :shock:. (I can't wait till we get our first snow fall - apparently it's coming in four days!)

#1 is way too blown out for my taste. Perhaps a little WB correction would help tone down that harsh yellow cast; unless you want it that way.

#2 is pretty kewl. I think maybe tightening up to your aperture and taking a longer exposure would help those lights have a more tightened flare oppose to the blown centers. If you're already at your smallest ap, then try using an ND2 or cpol filter.

all the lights are blown out. Try a smaller aperature (bigger number)

i like number 2 more

The lighter part of the sky in the back of number two made me think it was late fternoon-evening instead of dead night. I agree. Smaller aperture.

Mark

i think even if number one was exposed properly it would still just be some peoples houses. number 2 could be nice with maybe more sky and less hot spots.

I really like #2! I think what brings me to like it so much is Orion's belt and Betelgeuse

Great potential!

Both of these would make great art photos if they had a bizarre element, such as a naked manniquin on the lawn. Or a kid playing with matches in the foreground. Or a couple of guys carrying out a covered body on a stretcher.

You'll have to round up some friends for actors, but you've got the basic feel for this kind of thing down already!

I really like the composition of the second one. The sky looks good too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back