C & C please.

bevoholic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stephenanthonyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went out last night to shoot some of the moon and unfortunately right as I went out clouds started rolling in. I was able to get one shot off, and then started focusing on the pond. This was my first time doing really slow shutter speeds and it was super dark, so I had to do all the focusing manually. That was really tough, but I think I did pretty well considering the circumstances.

Some C & C would be appreciated. Thanks.

1. ISO 200, 300mm, 1/160 second @ f/5.6

5544521310_b046e1a8e9.jpg

2. ISO 200, 24mm, 30 seconds @ f/11

5543943013_d07d95a328.jpg

Should have kept shooting the moon with the clouds rolling in. In my opinion there are a kazillion moon shots (I have a few ;)) just like that one. Try shooting it with some reference like clouds or horizon, building, etc. The pond does nothing for me. Your signature is overbearing and dominates both shots.

I would have kept shooting, but like I said, less than a minute after I got that shot, it was just a solid blanket of cloud. Couldn't even see the moon through it and there were no breaks anywhere...I can't figure out why my watermark is so large. I'm using Lightroom 3 to apply it, and in the preview it's about twice as small as it is in those pictures.

well in that case there's not much you can do. Keep shooting. Not sure about why your siggy gets larger, I use the same method.

On the moon shot, I might crop in some to show some details. Without any landscape or clouds in the shot, the moon's kind of lost in the picture. I generally crop in as far as possible when there's nothing else in the picture.
Here's a thread of a few of my moon shots. I found my T1i's sweet spot for the moon was ~f/8, ~1/100 and ISO 100.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...hoto-gallery/206846-sorry-moon-you-again.html

Yeah...the moon is kind of lost in a sea of black, but I guess unless you have a much higher zoom you can't do too much about that. The focus seems good though.

I'm not sure what to say about the pond shot...I don't really know what I'm supposed to be looking at. I guess the composition of this just doesn't "wow" me all that much.

Most reactions

Back