C&C Please

MWC2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cynthialinderbeck.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend needed a new photo for business purposes so I told her I would gladly give it a go. She had lap-band surgery 8 months ago and is working on dropping her weight, I'll admit I struggled with finding a pose/angle that would show off her best features and play down the others. She also naturally has one droppy eye.

I'm looking for CC on the pose/angle? what could I have done better?
The over all image?

5919476569_1fd38f8e82.jpg

Here is what I see:
Her hair is blown out on the right side of the frame (darn you Texas sun, this was taken at 7:00 pm but it looks like I needed to wait a little longer)
I think I angled her ok to hide the double chin but her droopy eye is noticable. Maybe if I would have placed her in the opposite direction?
I think the skin tone is ok and the healing of some blemishes is fine (including her peeling forehead).

"I think I angled her ok to hide the double chin but her droopy eye is noticable. Maybe if I would have placed her in the opposite direction?
I think the skin tone is ok and the healing of some blemishes is fine (including her peeling forehead)."

All I can say is that I hope your friend doesn't read this! lol I think you're doing a good job at critiquing yourself. I don't think I've ever heard anybody phrase things like this so bluntly. If she has a droopy eye, that's part of her and not something that I think should be necessarily hidden. Downplayed, sure...but not hidden. And you're right. You did a great job hiding her double chin. I didn't even know that she had one from the pic.

I realized after I posted that that it could look like I'm being a sarcastic a**hole, and I'm not. I meant all that. Just wanted to clarify. lol

All I can say is that I hope your friend doesn't read this! lol I think you're doing a good job at critiquing yourself. I don't think I've ever heard anybody phrase things like this so bluntly. If she has a droopy eye, that's part of her and not something that I think should be necessarily hidden. Downplayed, sure...but not hidden. And you're right. You did a great job hiding her double chin. I didn't even know that she had one from the pic.

Why? She is a very good friend, I knew her when she was 300+ pounds. I've a very honest person and what I have posted here I have said to her directly, as well as telling her how proud I am of her for taking the steps she has to get herself healthy. She knows she is heavy (and I'm no skinny mini either), she knows she has a droopy eye, she knows she has bad skin. We went over the corrections I would make to the image before the session, as well as the edits I know I will not be able to make (I can not make her 6 feet tall and 130lbs). She requested that we try and hide her double chin. During our session, she knew why I was having her sit certain ways and look this way and that. She does NOT like her droopy eye, she would have worn sunglasses if I let her, trying to downplay it was a compromise we made.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back