Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

So I went to the arboretum today, and I wanted to focus more on composition then anything else since thats where my previous photos are lacking at times. Anyways, I didn't really work much towards accomplishing other aspects of the photos, so most aren't as sharp as they could be, etc. If any of you have suggestions on composition, I'd appreciate them! Other suggestions are totally ok as well, but I'm especially looking to improve my composition :)

Thanks!

Toga

1. (I wish the beak on this guy wasn't so blurry, and also that his buddy's tail wasnt there...)
bird.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

3. (I plan to experiment with some different effects on this one, I think it would look nice B&W or Sepia)
IMG_1051.jpg

#1 - the tail of the other bird is distracting. You should have tried to have both birds, or wait until you get a single bird in the shot, or try a different angle. Also, if you did have a single bird, you might want to add more weight in the direction the bird is looking

#2 - the composition is good in this shot. The balance of foreground and background work together, and the sunlight enhances the emphasis on the foreground fern.

#3 - the subjects (I assume the person on the bench and ducks) are lost in the entire scene. You should have concentrated on capturing more of them and less of the surrounding.

#1 - the tail of the other bird is distracting. You should have tried to have both birds, or wait until you get a single bird in the shot, or try a different angle. Also, if you did have a single bird, you might want to add more weight in the direction the bird is looking

#2 - the composition is good in this shot. The balance of foreground and background work together, and the sunlight enhances the emphasis on the foreground fern.

#3 - the subjects (I assume the person on the bench and ducks) are lost in the entire scene. You should have concentrated on capturing more of them and less of the surrounding.

I agree with dxqcanada, mostly after the tail was pointed out, but still a pretty good capture of the bird. Number 2 is hand down my favorite, I like the focus on the fern leaf and the shallow depth of field!

Agree with the above guy + #2 looks a bit underexposed. It may be me. Nevertheless 2is the best. 3 must have been tightly cropped.

I agree with others that #2 is the best. It would have been better to move around and get the fern against a darker background. As it is, you could crop the top to remove the brighter parts of the sky and try to darken the rest and also the bright areas on the ground just to the right of the fern.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back