C&C Please

CorrieMichael

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$IMG_9592washdpilogo.jpg

I wish I was wrapped up like that!! I think it's adorable :heart: I think it's cropped tight at the bottom - would like to see the full circle of sticks/branches.

very cute! i like the layering you chose. seems a tiny bit hot on the right side of the image on baby's face to me though.

I assume that's a basket of some sort? It looks a bit like a pyre, which I have to say I find alarming.

Nice color palette, the kid looks sweet. A little serious looking, but whatcha gonna do? I might have done a little poking and clucking to try to elicit a different expression, but maybe you did, and Serious Look was still the best.

Not sure about the layout. Why not just crop it square if this is the presentation you're looking for? The space on the sides seems dead to me.

I assume that's a basket of some sort? It looks a bit like a pyre, which I have to say I find alarming.

Nice color palette, the kid looks sweet. A little serious looking, but whatcha gonna do? I might have done a little poking and clucking to try to elicit a different expression, but maybe you did, and Serious Look was still the best.

Not sure about the layout. Why not just crop it square if this is the presentation you're looking for? The space on the sides seems dead to me.

Agreed on all the bolded words. The kid is positioned up-and-down...it's an overhead shot...the camera ought to be oriented in AGREEMENT with the SUBJECT...so...TALL would have made some sense. A horizontal look at a baby oriented vertically is contradictory; the subject/framing discord, combined with the funeral pyre look, and this shot is just a disturbing photo. The implied line of gaze, off to the right, is into the "short" side of the frame, which is utterly wrong for creating tranquility. ALlowing the eyes to be placed off to the short side of the frame, plus the implied line of gaze also going to the short side of the frame is guaranteed to cause visual tension. This is a fundamental compositional device, well-known in the art world; what you have done is a good way to cause visual imbalance, discord, and tension.

It's not a pyre it's a wreath and one that is being used by a many a newborn photographer these days. So not so woRried about that. All the other goodies mentioned I will look into. Thanks for the feedback

If I were this child's parent, I would buy the photo. Since that is probably the goal... Good job.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhotoForum

Agreed on the pyre thing. Combined with being sleeping, makes the child look sort of dead.

Especially the fur lining just adds majorly to the viking funeral vibe.

Yeah they'll probably still buy it, but ditch or fix that prop, man.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back