C&C Please.

Dan28607

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello. What do you all think of this B&W conversion? Thanks!

DSC_4773rbg.jpg

Its ok. I like the beauty of the place but I might suggest cropping it so the man it off center might be more pleasing to the eye jmo. Also if there is a way to make the water seem more glassy???

DSC_4773rbgb.jpg

Sky seemed too expansive. Made the man just a little too........well...um.......little....

So I trimmed treetops.

Also, scraped away the foreground, and slightly offset the guy. I was looking for a more intimate encounter (jeez that just doesn't sound right!)...."personal moment"?

Wanted him to seem in his element but not overwhelmed by it, alone but not necessarily lonely, and small but not insignificant.

I'm sleepy, and perhaps I'm reading far too much into this photo.

Nice Shot,
Bobby.

DSC_4773rbgbc.jpg

Also, I know trimming the treetops takes away the nice skyline, but I think the problem with the first one, was that it was pulling in two directions, trying to be a portrait of a person....AND a landscape, and that wasn't working for it, instead it should be either/or, and it doesn't have enough real-estate for a 'scape.

But like I said, just a newbie, and rather sleepy.
Bobby.

A slightly different crop from the one above, but it works better for me. I think a little boost to the contrast would be nice too, but I didn't want to mess with that for the moment.

4773rbg.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back