C&C Por Favor: Engagement Session

camz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's an E-session we did over the weekend and your opinions are a must. ;)

3711619181_b3871c5a49_o.jpg

3722242749_8a562e6d8f_o.jpg

3722242759_0b5e0d0cb2_o.jpg

3722242779_b71219db28_o.jpg

3712216396_dabae14085_o.jpg

3712216486_4353de03af_o.jpg

3711402877_207c10e1c9_o.jpg

3712216462_89cb4e153e_o.jpg

3711403111_15a9731974_o.jpg

3712216628_10fda02094_o.jpg

3711403169_0c256720d9_o.jpg

3712216556_0e78891d42_o.jpg

3712216526_310725a440_o.jpg

3711402997_059552ac2f_o.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Camz
Simply Dashy Photography

btw forgot to add that the whole session was shot in natural light..

These really look good. Especially for being shot in all natural lighting. I think the processing really especially made these work. I'm not especially crazy about the ones of them in front of the graffiti. I'm not sure why. They just don't grab my attention.

I really like the ones on the bridge and first few a lot. There's a rugged feel to the processing. It really looks great.

Alright, well, I'm not quite sure what is up with the black bars in seemingly random places... but anyway...

#1 I like the pose, traditional etc. but it looks a little cool color temp wise, and it bothers me a little bit how blurry the ring is. I think more DOF would be better, mainly because of how prominent the ring is in the shot.

#2-3 Still probably a bit cool, not bad though. I like #3 better

#4 I know this shoot was "natural" light only, but I think this could have been greatly helped by a reflector or some fill or something.

#5 this is a cute shot. not sure what I think about the leaf in front of their faces, but still nice

#6-8 of these 7 is my favorite, I like the emotion in that one. Other than that, the sun is really quite harsh in that shot, and difficult to work with, some shade or fill flash could have been nice to knock out the slight racoon eyes you have.

#9 This is a nice enough shot, I think I may like it better in color because I feel as though I have to search to hard to find them. Also, just a suggestion, but I think it may be helpful to include a small bar between the two images I think it looks disjointed with the trees hitting in as they are.

#10 this one is ok, again, not sure about the purpose of the odd format and the decision to go with a huge black bar as it's not really printable. My main thought is that he looks rather red, which is different than the rest of the photos.

#11 doesn't really grab me, but I'm not sure why not. I know that in the first images she looks really pale and here she looks dark, but other than that, it seems to be fine. It has an awful lot of the background and little of them, but I'm not sure that's a problem.

#12 good basic engagement shot, but her coloring looks really odd to me. Looks to be rather yellow, when again it doesn't seem to fit with what she is in earlier photos.

#13 I love this shot. I'm not sure how much they will love it as you can't see them or their faces, but I like it a lot FTW

#14 nice cute shot. it's a close second to #13

These really look good. Especially for being shot in all natural lighting. I think the processing really especially made these work. I'm not especially crazy about the ones of them in front of the graffiti. I'm not sure why. They just don't grab my attention.

I really like the ones on the bridge and first few a lot. There's a rugged feel to the processing. It really looks great.

Thanks alot for commenting, much appreciated from fellow photographers =).

Yeah..we only work with natural light with most of our shoots and probably only use flash during the receptions. I partner/wife use to shoot with flash but I think I convinced her to join me to the darkside.

Regarding the Post Processing, I only mainly do it in ACR... I photoshop it just for minor cosmetics/editing unless offcourse the client wants something more stylish then we go PP crazy.

The graffitti shots were done to give them that urban look since the whole shoot was done with mainly with nature on the background. This part of the shoot was harsh because it was done during noon and we didn't have a choice...I had a reflector going but the contrast ratio was just too much and we did what we could.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Alright, well, I'm not quite sure what is up with the black bars in seemingly random places... but anyway...

#1 I like the pose, traditional etc. but it looks a little cool color temp wise, and it bothers me a little bit how blurry the ring is. I think more DOF would be better, mainly because of how prominent the ring is in the shot.

#2-3 Still probably a bit cool, not bad though. I like #3 better

#4 I know this shoot was "natural" light only, but I think this could have been greatly helped by a reflector or some fill or something.

#5 this is a cute shot. not sure what I think about the leaf in front of their faces, but still nice

#6-8 of these 7 is my favorite, I like the emotion in that one. Other than that, the sun is really quite harsh in that shot, and difficult to work with, some shade or fill flash could have been nice to knock out the slight racoon eyes you have.

#9 This is a nice enough shot, I think I may like it better in color because I feel as though I have to search to hard to find them. Also, just a suggestion, but I think it may be helpful to include a small bar between the two images I think it looks disjointed with the trees hitting in as they are.

#10 this one is ok, again, not sure about the purpose of the odd format and the decision to go with a huge black bar as it's not really printable. My main thought is that he looks rather red, which is different than the rest of the photos.

#11 doesn't really grab me, but I'm not sure why not. I know that in the first images she looks really pale and here she looks dark, but other than that, it seems to be fine. It has an awful lot of the background and little of them, but I'm not sure that's a problem.

#12 good basic engagement shot, but her coloring looks really odd to me. Looks to be rather yellow, when again it doesn't seem to fit with what she is in earlier photos.

#13 I love this shot. I'm not sure how much they will love it as you can't see them or their faces, but I like it a lot FTW

#14 nice cute shot. it's a close second to #13

Nice and detailed input...thanks alot!

See our challenge with shooting natural light is the white balance. Since this was shot in a 3 hour duration, the shades of light differ challenging us to keep skin tones consistent - I think that's our weakness.

The random black bars where placed there just to post for our blog because we always want the 800x600pixel dimension posted up. So some of the creative cropping limits us since right now we can only load them and post them from flickr b/c of our website is still in construction.

Hey Thanks for the detailed comments...I'll keep all of them in mind!

Nice and detailed input...thanks alot!

See our challenge with shooting natural light is the white balance. Since this was shot in a 3 hour duration, the shades of light differ challenging us to keep skin tones consistent - I think that's our weakness.

Hey Thanks for the detailed comments...I'll keep all of them in mind!

Do you shoot RAW? If you do, and use Lightroom, you can use the dropper on the Development tab (I think thats what it is called) and select a white area on the photo (I use the eyes a lot) and nail the white balance every time.

I think these are excellent shots. I especially
like #9 - very creative. The both of them
wearing the same shirt is such a hoot, I
love it. Also really like #3.

-Bob

Child Photography

Do you shoot RAW? If you do, and use Lightroom, you can use the dropper on the Development tab (I think thats what it is called) and select a white area on the photo (I use the eyes a lot) and nail the white balance every time.[/QUOTE]

Yes I shoot RAW and I use ACR for the most part to edit. ACR also has the white balance reference tool. However on this shoot we were so limited because the couple were from out of town so we had a very small window so some of the shots here were done during the no no times of the day giving the different shades of white.

Thanks for the suggesstion =)

I think these are excellent shots. I especially
like #9 - very creative. The both of them
wearing the same shirt is such a hoot, I
love it. Also really like #3.

-Bob

Child Photography

Thanks for the comments bob! The couple wanted a natural look for this shoot. What i love too about the matching blue outfits they had on was they had a good contrast between the backgrounds. They really stuck out on alot of the shots(I wish I can post them all but still under PP).

camz
http://simplydashy.blogspot.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back