C&C Pretty Please!!

MTVision

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey y'all! I was just looking for some C&C.
This is a portrait of a stranger I met while we were checking out the raging river after Hurricane Irene! I'm sending her a copy of this picture after I finish editing it and I want to make sure it looks good.

It looks to me like I got the WB correct but I'm not 100% sure. It seems a little dull and dark to me. Should I brighten it up a little more. I'm not sure about the crop - should I have cropped it tighter/differently.

Stranger 1 by MT Vision Photography

Shutter Speed 1/3200
Aperture f/2.2
Focal 50mm
ISO 200

DISCLAIMER - I am well aware that this is NOT a great portrait.

Exposure looks fine on my monitor. Nice color and contrast, and it's plenty sharp. As some will point out, think vertical (portrait orientation). It's a nice candid. Maybe clone out the stray hair on her forehead.

Thanks! It was taken in portrait orientation but I cut off one of her hands when I took the picture so I cropped it up like it is!

C&C per req:

It looks pretty good to me. There is a lack of detail in the deep shadow area of her hair behind her left ear which a fill light would have helped alleviate, but that's relatively minor. I'm not really sure that the square crop works; you have her square in the centre of the imgae, and I don't think it's quite as strong as it could be.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

6120973406_bfcc7c0a28_b.jpg

The fix for the side of the face issue is to make a second exposure without the glasses on. Just ask the subject to not move their head and just slip the glasses off. Tell them you will be having them do that, before you make the first exposure. Use the second shot as the source to cut and paste the missing part of the face from.

The fix for the bright line is some careful burning.

I recommend the shoulders not be at such a sharp angle to the camera, so the 2 crease lines in the neck might be avoided.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back