C&C: warm/cold contrast

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken some months ago with 40D and Tokina 12-24mm/4.

I really like it. This is where a stream is running into a lake...so a small delta might be the proper term. Anyway, the lake wasn't frozen here, due to the running water. Warmly coloured rocks were visible, and across the lake there is a cold, ice and snow-covered mountain. I liked the scene. There's a small symmetry in the ice-line, and I like the reflection. I also think that the mere size of the mountain comes across nicely, as the wide angle really drags out the scene, but the mountain is still too large to fit this framing.
Oh, and that rock in lower left corner wasn't an accident, but framed so that it was just there.

So, am I crazy for liking this shot? All comments and opinions are warmly welcome :)

Delta og nåso r by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Interesting. Warm/cold in both senses: actual temperature and color temperature. I wish there were a little more detail on the mountain. I don't know if it could be extracted from the raw file.

One might be able to add contrast or get out some, but there were low clouds when I shot this.

Looking through the raw files, I have several scenery of the mountain that I ought to edit. Maybe I'll do that tonight, and post later.

Most reactions

Back