C&C?

mJs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First time posting one of my photos... Did some shots for a friend of mine, wanted some "Dick Tracy" style detective agency type stuff... they want mostly B&W, but I tried this edit. Her eye is distorted by a magnifying glass...

20100906_0735e3rc.jpg

Thanks for the feedback... I'm still going through them but here are a few more....

20100906_0434e2bw2erpb.jpg

20100906_0115ebw2pb.jpg

20100906_0019hpbe2pbr.jpg

20100906_0085bw2srpb.jpg

Wow awesome photos!

Nice work! Really dig the theme play, including terrific props and wardrobe style. I like the framing, angles, lighting, tones, and all the rest.

The first one is cool, but would be sooo much better (IMHO) if it were a standard detective-style magnifying glass that had it's frame in focus (or close to it) to really define what it is without any thought or explanation.

All in all, well done!

Thanks again for the c&c...

The very first image was shot inside a coffee shop from natural light coming straight in through the window (my back was right up against it so we were pretty close to it)... I do have another one of these framed out so that you can see the entire magnifying glass, something about the tones in this one just appealed to me a bit more so thats why I chose this one to post.

#1 Lighting was shot in a darker alley on a rainy day, we used one flash off camera with just a basic diffuser (and a clear plastic bag ;)) on a pole just above and to the left of the model.

#2 Lighting was 2 flashes fired remotely one at head level off at her right and the other just in front and to her left but at a little higher than desk level, both with mini soft boxes attached.

#3 the main light was to her left, a little higher than head level on a downward angle, and a second light just behind the typewriter (both with the mini soft boxes)

#4 was a single flash on remote with the mini soft box about shoe level on an upward angle.

Thanks for the feedback... I'm still going through them but here are a few more....

Nice dog! But the way it's ogling you, how did you manage not to flinch?

Btw, I really like this shot.

Nice dog! But the way it's ogling you, how did you manage not to flinch?

Btw, I really like this shot.

This is actually MY dog :lol:... i thought it would fit the theme and I trained her to bark, so I was asking her to speak hoping that I could time it... she was a real trooper...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back